CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

It looks small

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2002 | 02:28 AM
Aus

It looks small

I just saw the CLK for the first time about 40 mins ago. Unfortunately i dont have a digital camera to post pics. The car was the 320 with the 16 inch 7 spoke wheels and wood trim. The wood trim looked good against the black leather but not great, seeing the aluminium on another model it looked much better than the wood.
The car was black which looked great. The car looks much flatter and wider than i imagined, it is very low. The down side is that the car looks small, more like a c class, this could be due to the dark colour though. Even though the black made it look small i think it is still the colour of choice- not that ive seen it in another colour, just that it looked very good.
Old 07-04-2002 | 10:14 AM

'03 CLK500
Its great that we're starting to hear some first-hand eye-whitness reports on the car. Hearing that the aluminum interior looks a lot nicer than the wood makes me happy. For a whlie my dad was trying to talk me into wood, but I'm glad I stayed firm and went w/the aluminum.

As far as the color - what you mentioned was definitely a factor in me choosing Silver. Black naturally makes things look smaller. I tend to think it shows off the lines of the car a lot less than a lighter color does - which is probably why Brilliant Silver is Mercedes' 'flagship' color. Especially since the car is really borderline small-looking, I think Silver is really the way to go.
Old 07-04-2002 | 10:31 AM
Aus

Yes, its true about the darker colours making the car look smaller. I'll have hopefully have the opportunity within the next few days to see the silver as well. Mine's comming in black anyway so it makes little difference to me, but i'm curious none the less. If there's anything anyone wants me to check out let me know and ill get back to you.
Old 07-04-2002 | 10:50 AM

'03 CLK500
REQUEST!

Since you asked...

I'm still dying to see a well-lit picture of the interior dash. I want to see how the COMMAND system / brushed aluminum look... If you could, it'd be much appreciated.
Old 07-07-2002 | 12:01 PM

Porsche Cayenne S, MB E430, & M3
I THOUGHT the new clk was bigger in every dimension compared to the old one. i don't know. I guess it just looks smaller.

LIL RAJA
Old 07-07-2002 | 12:41 PM

'03 CLK500
The new CLK *is* bigger than the 2002 model, in almost every aspect. Its longer, wider, and higher off the ground. There is considerably more interior space, especially in the back. However, it has a more sleek and "slimmed down" look, which may lead people to think it is smaller.