CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

*Harsh ride - Renntech springz*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
*Harsh ride - Renntech springz*

I just wanted to get everones opinions on a situation that I have with my CLk500. I have a set of Renntech springz installed and I love height of my car and the cornering BUT I can feel every bump in the road. When I say I can feel every bump, i mean even the slightest crack in the road i can feel it when I go over it. Also by adding 18's to my car, it hasn't made it any better. I was thinking of taking out my renntech springz and re-installing my OEM springz but cutting 1/2 a coil in the front and go with a lower pad in the rear. Do you think that would help my soften my ride and lower my car at the same time???? let me know ur thoughts........
Old 08-31-2005, 04:40 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 CLK500 & '05 C230
Cutting is a bad idea. Springs are stiffer for a good reason when the car is lower, less room for travel. No matter what anyone says, dropping your car is a sacrifice between looks and comfort. I'm not sure how well the high-end suspension kits work, but I can't imagine them performing miracles.

I have the Eibach Pro-System kit on my car with the stock wheels (which will change to 19s in a few days). The ride is already much stiffer stock, but still better than my 330Ci sport was. Perhaps the your shocks are bottoming out and causing a harsher ride? I'm of the opinion that changing springs without shocks is cutting corners, as the travel/tension of shocks should really match the springs.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 cls 550
i have brabus springs on my clk. it rides pretty damm good. its not to harsh. is there any noise comming from the front end? with 18s on it with stock springs you will feel every bump and crack too. you have a shorter and stiffer tire on the rim so there is alot less give in the tire. so ull feel every bump and crack.