CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

that damn ticking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK500
that damn ticking

hey guys, i recently bought my 05 clk500 about a month ago and have noticed a slight ticking on acceleration especially from a cold start. I have read on here that alot of the 500s E+clk have been having this problem and that it had to do with the front motor mounts. Well i took the car in for service and let the service advisor know about it. He calls me up a couple hours later and said they checked it and it is normal. He said it is the purge valve. I reluctantly took the car back, but any of you guys get this explanation from your dealer? i think that ticking takes away from the v8s growl. You guys think i should go back and tell him to change the front motor mounts cause i still hear the ticking, even though it is ever so slight???
Old 10-29-2005, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Arrow I had my purge valve and an engine mount replaced as well...

Originally Posted by gambri
hey guys, i recently bought my 05 clk500 about a month ago and have noticed a slight ticking on acceleration especially from a cold start. I have read on here that alot of the 500s E+clk have been having this problem and that it had to do with the front motor mounts. Well i took the car in for service and let the service advisor know about it. He calls me up a couple hours later and said they checked it and it is normal. He said it is the purge valve. I reluctantly took the car back, but any of you guys get this explanation from your dealer? i think that ticking takes away from the v8s growl. You guys think i should go back and tell him to change the front motor mounts cause i still hear the ticking, even though it is ever so slight???
Apparantely they're pretty common failures, but I can't say that the noise increased during accelration, and I don't see how accelerating or decellerating would make any differrence (It's the fuel tank recirculation purge valve). Has the sound gone away since the valve was replaced? I hope that we're getting updated parts, as I don't want to be replacing these things every year...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 10-29-2005, 02:59 AM

05 CLK500
they didnt replace it, they said its normal. Which i think is BS
Old 10-30-2005, 02:25 AM

2005 CLK 500
Originally Posted by gambri
Mine 05 CLK 500 is doing the same thing. The car jerks, jumps, and grinds when i accelerated and/or decelerated. Especially from a cold start. Gambri, I'm going through an arbitration hearing right now, therefore, I need all the proofs that I can find on this transmission problem, to support my case. I know this sound kind of crazy, but would you please send me a copy of your transmission repairs statement? I would really appreciated. (cutechik501@yahoo.com)