CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How to check if its the fan blower or the regulator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to check if its the fan blower or the regulator

Hello:

I posted yesterday about my CLK320 and the problems with the heater fan. Today it is milder in Toronto and the fan hasn't come on even from a cold start. Is there a thermostat that controls the climate control setting... is that what is messed up?

Yesterday I comlained that blower only seemed to work from a cold start. Although periodically would come on during a long drive. Yesterday only came on in am from cold start and never worked again during two further trips.

Also can anyone explain how to tell exactly which part is defective ie regulator blower fan etc. And can anyone give instructions on how to change either the regulator or the fan motor. I have a son who does a lot of work on ha 87 Toyota Supra and if given instructions could problabley do this job for me and save me a few hundred.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fickle fan blower

Come on guys someone must have some thoughts on this. Today was cold here in Toronto. From cold start fan blower worked great and stayed on entire trip to work. Several hours later when I started her up nothing and likely it won't work the balance of the day until tomorrow mornings cold start. Providing it is cold enough overnight.

Friend of mine thinks its the switch that controls the blower not making good contact. Explanation is the cold expands the metal therefore contact happens once the contacts heat up the metal shrinks and therefore no contact.

Does this sound reasonable?