CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Help with ECU Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Help with ECU Reset

I need to reset my ECU so that all of my aftermarket lights will work like stock. I'm having some minor issues with them and was told by the shop that installed them that I need to have the battery disconnected and after 5 minutes everything should be reset. Today, they disconnected it, waited about 5 minutes, and when they plugged it back in, nothing was reset. Is there anything else I have to do to get the ECU reset? The guy said that there might be a backup battery that isn't letting my ECU reset. Maybe I have to have it unplugged for a longer time? Please help, thank you.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u should bring your car to dealer to reset the ECU for you.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I need to reset my ECU so that all of my aftermarket lights will work like stock. I'm having some minor issues with them and was told by the shop that installed them that I need to have the battery disconnected and after 5 minutes everything should be reset. Today, they disconnected it, waited about 5 minutes, and when they plugged it back in, nothing was reset. Is there anything else I have to do to get the ECU reset? The guy said that there might be a backup battery that isn't letting my ECU reset. Maybe I have to have it unplugged for a longer time? Please help, thank you.

What aftermarket lights ?
If youre talking about hid's then;

the aftermarket lights do not have resistors in them if won't reset, need more info on what lights you got.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I have aftermarket HID's...but the light that I'm having problems with is my left parking light. I changed the stock bulbs out for blue ones (I think they are called H7 bulbs). I would take my car to the dealership, but I'm afraid I'll get some warranty BS and they'll charge me a large amount to just have the ECU reset.