CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Nav system in 2003 CLK -- what will it be like?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus RX300...but not for long!
Nav system in 2003 CLK -- what will it be like?

So, does anyone have experience with how well the Nav system that will be used in the 2003 CLK works? I currently have a Lexus and love having a Navigation so much that when I decided to get a new car, I made a Navigation system a "must have."

I realize the DVD-based Lexus Navigation system may be the creme of the crop, but I'm curious how servicable is the current MB system (which I assume will be used in the new CLK 2003). The CLK is at the top of my list, but I haven't heard anything good about MB's Navigation system...

Thoughts?
Old 08-12-2002, 10:31 AM

'03 CLK500
My brother has the most recent COMMAND system (I would assume) in his 2002 ML500, and I'd say its pretty good. Its not as good as the one in my dad's Lexus SC430 (DVD), but it definitely does the job, and was something I made sure my car had.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:10 PM

They definitely should have enabled the dvd nav on the sc to play dvd movies like the ones in LX... that would be the ultimate.

Anyway, the mb nav can still take you to places. It's just there are a few annoying things about it, like the really small display, and you have to dial a knob to enter stuff which can be a pain in the butt. It certainly takes some practice. In terms of accuracy, although I have not used the GPS on the cars much, i'd have to say sometimes command does give directions a tad to late, it might take some serious manuever on the highway to exit right. The only good thing (maybe not) about it is that you can input stuff when the car is moving while lexus disables inputs (most of them) when the car is moving. I hope the new command will have touch screen...that's a must for a GPS.