CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

thinking ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E90 320d
thinking ..

For those of you who havent seen my posts in the SL55 - SL65 forums i have just moved to england and i have my GORGEOUS SL delivered, we bought a temporary car for my girlfriend which was a Alfa romeo 156 T - spark 2.5 v6 injection etc. Now she wants to go back to performance (having an E60 M5 back in iowa she wants to hear the grunt and get the sports back in to her heart) Now having childeren she cant have an SL like myself she doesnt want another M5 she says they are nasty, i quite liked it but hey it isnt me who will be driving it now i have the SL65 amg we was thinking of either a BMW M3 coupé a merc CLK 500 (do they make a 55 or a 65 clk????) or she likes the look of the CL coupes. obviously she wants 2 doors not 4 any more (women are so hard to please these days) and she loves my SL. which one would you recomend and why.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by mercftw
For those of you who havent seen my posts in the SL55 - SL65 forums i have just moved to england and i have my GORGEOUS SL delivered, we bought a temporary car for my girlfriend which was a Alfa romeo 156 T - spark 2.5 v6 injection etc. Now she wants to go back to performance (having an E60 M5 back in iowa she wants to hear the grunt and get the sports back in to her heart) Now having childeren she cant have an SL like myself she doesnt want another M5 she says they are nasty, i quite liked it but hey it isnt me who will be driving it now i have the SL65 amg we was thinking of either a BMW M3 coupé a merc CLK 500 (do they make a 55 or a 65 clk????) or she likes the look of the CL coupes. obviously she wants 2 doors not 4 any more (women are so hard to please these days) and she loves my SL. which one would you recomend and why.
Thanks in advance
Choices, choices, choices....

For me - I'm not a CL fan. I think the $$ doesn't justify the older style. I like the current CLKs. I like the 350 & 500. I didn't drive the AMG. How old are the kids? I found I can place my 11 yr old easily in the back. My teenager was in for a bit of a squeeze. The fact that the rear side airbag is optional is both irritating and an opportunity.

Irritating in that it should be standard w/the ability to disable for smaller kids. An opportunity becuase you can order the car w/out it if you're in the car seat set. That alone makes the CLK a decent toddlerish car.

However, why not consider an E500 for a bit more space - particularly if your packing kids and assorted accoutrement?

Best of Luck!!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW E90 320d
she wont touch a new E class, she hates any E - class infact I can remember back in iowa she always used to kick mine on the way out to set my alarm of because she hated it that much... Well my office is right round the corner from the MB dealership i went in earlier, and I found a CL for sale. not brand new, but very styleish and damn it goes i brought it home on a test drive. she likes it and so do i so we are just deciding
Old 05-16-2006, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Check out the CLK55 AMG. If she likes convertible, she can have a CLK cabriolet. If not, then the CL500 or 55 would probably be the perfect car for her.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
CLK63 is on the way!

but i saw your post on the CL threads showing you found a nice CL500, so i guess she will be very happy with that car, its a jem!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW E90 320d
yes i've found the CL500 its a gorgeous car, real comforatable drive and very responsive. i do like it alot. i am already thinking of swapping the SL65 for the CL65 see what the differences are
Old 05-16-2006, 05:27 PM

2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe
If you got the money and are prepared to wait a little longer, the new CL is out in October so my German dealer tells me. Maybe a little earlier, I can't honestly remember, but near the end of the year in any case.

CLK 63AMG is just out

How about a CLS 63/55 AMG? However the wood down the middle on the backseats isn't child friendly.

or if she wants SUV, try the G, GL (coming soon) or the ML all will be in AMG format or at least 500.

If she doesn't like M5 try a huge 7 series or the M6.