CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 330i
CLK interior

I just saw the interior of the new CLK. What is everyone complaining about? Compared to the 208 it is a big improvement. I found the 208's interior, especially the center console, to be a little boring. As for the 209’s interior being plasticky; All cars have plastics in their interiors regardless of the price. Judging from the responses here, you would think that the new CLK shares its plastics with Hyundai. Which is not the case. 99.9 percent of the time, the new car is better than the old. The only people that I hear complaining about the new CLK are 208 owners. The 208 owners on this board have to realize that cars do improve. And that advances in car technology doesn’t stop just because you purchased a 208. Stop being so damn selfish. Nothing stays new and fresh forever, regardless of how much you love your cars. Someone on the radio (funkmaster flex) once said, “ if your car is not the current body-style, you are done”
Old 08-16-2002, 06:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
I'm with you Spoonie. I am a current 208 owner and I think the 209 is such a drastic improvement. Style, Grace & Elegance. The new CLK is a class act through & through.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:13 PM

2002M3
Originally posted by rgiorgio
I'm with you Spoonie. I am a current 208 owner and I think the 209 is such a drastic improvement. Style, Grace & Elegance. The new CLK is a class act through & through.
COUNT ME IN TOO!
Old 08-16-2002, 06:59 PM

SL500
Agreed!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:51 PM

E320
Saw one today -- CANNOT BELIEVE HOW AWESOME IT LOOKS!

Elegenace, luxury -- reminds me of the Benz of old. From the chrome tie downs in the trunk, to the sophisticated dash and amazing grille.

After reading this forum yesterday, one would thnk it was a Hyundai, Isuzu, or Ford Pinto. It is closer to the new E than a C, closer to a CL than an SLK. Truly an amazing feat.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
I just saw the interior of the new CLK. What is everyone complaining about? Compared to the 208 it is a big improvement. I found the 208's interior, especially the center console, to be a little boring. As for the 209’s interior being plasticky; All cars have plastics in their interiors regardless of the price. Judging from the responses here, you would think that the new CLK shares its plastics with Hyundai. Which is not the case. 99.9 percent of the time, the new car is better than the old. The only people that I hear complaining about the new CLK are 208 owners. The 208 owners on this board have to realize that cars do improve. And that advances in car technology doesn’t stop just because you purchased a 208. Stop being so damn selfish. Nothing stays new and fresh forever, regardless of how much you love your cars. Someone on the radio (funkmaster flex) once said, “ if your car is not the current body-style, you are done”

............I am one of the W208 owners who have criticized the new W209. Rather than get very upset out this as it seems you have, you should view this as common and perharps inevitable. Owners of previous model cars have criticized the new ones and to expect it not to happen with W208/W209 is probably not realistic. In any case some of the criticism is valid and largely center around the the W209 Clk 320 not the CLk 500. The W209 Clk320 is has weaker performance numbers than the model it replaces and the although it is selling well in Europe where gas is $4 a gallon, people are worried that it won't sell much in the Us and so I understand that the Engine will be uopgraded to a 245Hp V6. This is the same problem with the ML320 and that is why it getting an upgraded engine as well. This is reasonable criticism, even though there are buyers who might purchase the car for looks and performance therfore might not matter.

second criticism is that the interior of the car looks more "plasticky" than the W208. This actually is a common criticism of pretty much all new Mb model cars excpt for the Maybach. many people feel that the quality of the materials used decereases with each new model in other to save cost. I don't personally agree or care about this too much, but it is not a W209 specific criticism.

The third is that the new CLk looks more sedate and less agressive than the W208. Who knows. I personally like the pillarless smooth flowing lines although I don't like the fact that the car has more of a sedan look than a sporty look. Others hate that the car, according to them looks like a Volvo C70 or Acura CL type S. This why there these forums exist. So, enjoy your car and ignore us W208 owners or you'll drive yourself crazy.

Ted
Old 08-17-2002, 12:33 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by Ted Baldwin

............I am one of the W208 owners who have criticized the new W209. Rather than get very upset out this as it seems you have, you should view this as common and perharps inevitable. Owners of previous model cars have criticized the new ones and to expect it not to happen with W208/W209 is probably not realistic. In any case some of the criticism is valid and largely center around the the W209 Clk 320 not the CLk 500. The W209 Clk320 is has weaker performance numbers than the model it replaces and the although it is selling well in Europe where gas is $4 a gallon, people are worried that it won't sell much in the Us and so I understand that the Engine will be uopgraded to a 245Hp V6. This is the same problem with the ML320 and that is why it getting an upgraded engine as well. This is reasonable criticism, even though there are buyers who might purchase the car for looks and performance therfore might not matter.

second criticism is that the interior of the car looks more "plasticky" than the W208. This actually is a common criticism of pretty much all new Mb model cars excpt for the Maybach. many people feel that the quality of the materials used decereases with each new model in other to save cost. I don't personally agree or care about this too much, but it is not a W209 specific criticism.

The third is that the new CLk looks more sedate and less agressive than the W208. Who knows. I personally like the pillarless smooth flowing lines although I don't like the fact that the car has more of a sedan look than a sporty look. Others hate that the car, according to them looks like a Volvo C70 or Acura CL type S. This why there these forums exist. So, enjoy your car and ignore us W208 owners or you'll drive yourself crazy.

Ted

I had a few clk430's and now a clk500- I have to agree with Ted that it seems as though the interior of alot of the new benz models have been cheapened a bit as far as build quality. I do think that my interior is fantastic and a welcomed update.

As to the exterior: Don't get me wrong, The exterior hasn't completely grown on me put driving the vehicle is absolutely day and nite. The exterior is growing on me more andmore. It is funny how much more amazed my friends are with this vehicle- I mean, literally jaws to the ground. There were no jaws on the ground with my SL. The w208 was such a stunning design- so burly yet aggressive. But if I had to replace it, I am sure glad it is a CLK500. I LOVE IT!

Drive a CLK500. You will be a believer. I was MUCH happier than expected.