CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Saw Silver CLK500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2002 | 07:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Saw Silver CLK500

today on the road. I must say I disagree with everyone's negative reviews. First of all when you see the car from a distance and looks CLish and just has an air of "expensiveness". It really just presents itself as a Mercedes Benz. From the side it has an incredibly sleek look to it, which is only highlighted by the chrome strips. I think they looked very nice compared to nasty black rubber. Nothing about the car screamed Volvo or acura to me. It is most defanantly a Mercedes Benz, and a beautiful and desirable one at that.
Old 08-18-2002 | 07:55 PM

2002 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
Thanks. I have a silver 500 on order, but have not seen one in person yet. The early deliveries all seem to be either black or white in this area (Washington, DC). I was a little anxious about the color (hoping to see one before the cutoff date for production of my car). Your comment are reassuring and I remind myself that the CLK brochure features a silver car and MB would not show the car if it didn't look great. Thanks for your post.
Old 08-18-2002 | 09:23 PM

Porsche Cayenne S, MB E430, & M3
i had to go pick up some Zaino stuff and happened to stop by one of the local benz dealer. they had a silve clk500. I must say i like it a lot. The back is still gonna take some time for me to get used to. But definately does not look cheap. Also this was parked close to a w208. Somehow the w208 is already looking a bit dated. The new shape with some 20" brabus, better suspension (lower just a tad bit) will be a beast. I just have nothing more to say.

lil raja