CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Kleeman Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550, Sports Suspension, Black Opal
Kleeman Springs

I want to improve the handling on my CLK320. I know that Eibach and H&R spring sets are the most frequently mentioned, but I was thinking of adding a set of Kleeman springs to my 2005 CLK320.

Has anyone had any experiences with the Kleeman springs? I live in NYC and don't want to lower the car too much given the state of east coast roads. The Kleeman's seem to offer a reasonable compromise. I want to improve handling without degrading ride too badly.

Is it necessary to replace the dampers at the same time? The Kleeman springs lower the car only a modest amount. The matching Kleeman dampers are outlandishly expensive. Are they worth the money or necessary to gain an improvement against just a spring change? I am thinking that the progressive nature of the Kleeman springs will reduce the extra stroke load on the OEM dampers.

Also - given the 1.2 drop that I expect from the Kleeman springs, do I have to worry about rear wheel camber or can my mechanic adjust for that?

Any feedback would be welcome.

- dan -
Old 06-04-2006, 10:49 AM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
Thumbs up You'll love it..

Dan, I have had Kleemann springs on my CLK500 for about a year now. I think the drop is perfect and here is a side view of the car to prove that. Go the bottom of that thread to see my car with lowered Kleemann springs

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=zee

I haven't got the dampers changed or camber readjusted. I actually like the ride better now as car was sitting a bit too high on the OEM springs. I remember driving the first day post Kleemann springs and thinking vow the ride is just a bit firmer, but car feels low and just great.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK550, Sports Suspension, Black Opal
Re:Kleeman springs

A year later - are you still running on the OEM dampers???

-dan

Originally Posted by zee
Dan, I have had Kleemann springs on my CLK500 for about a year now. I think the drop is perfect and here is a side view of the car to prove that. Go the bottom of that thread to see my car with lowered Kleemann springs

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=zee

I haven't got the dampers changed or camber readjusted. I actually like the ride better now as car was sitting a bit too high on the OEM springs. I remember driving the first day post Kleemann springs and thinking vow the ride is just a bit firmer, but car feels low and just great.