CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brand NEW CLK 350 CAB - Vibration???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand NEW CLK 350 CAB - Vibration???

NEW CLK CAB - Vibration?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I just took delivery of a brand new CLK 350 cab. Beautiful car. Road holding is fantastic. Passengers love it. My one, difficult to describe, reservation is that on country roads, I feel a vibration. It is as if I can feel the front wheels popping up and down on tougher surfaces, but it is all beign dampened before it actually becomes a "jarring" sensation.

It is VERY STRANGE. I don't remember the cars I test drove doign the same thing.

The steering wheel is not moving. The car hold the road. But there's some kind of vibration.

I've emailed the dealer to bring the car back in on Mon/Tues. The best I can think is that maybe they left the tires over-inflated or the suspension in some kidn of travel mode.

However, I'm used to AWD Audis. It could just be that it is a rear wheel drive car and I need to get used to it.

Any thoughts?

- Thinker
Old 07-15-2006, 08:02 AM

2007 CLK350 Cab
CLK 350 Cab

I should take delivery of a CLK 350 cab in about 2.5 weeks. I was wondering if you got the, new for 2007, Sport Appearance Package? The package includes the lowered sports suspension which will probably give a little more road feedback.

I ordered the sport package, so I will let you know if I have the same issue when mine gets here.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by jquickshot
I should take delivery of a CLK 350 cab in about 2.5 weeks. I was wondering if you got the, new for 2007, Sport Appearance Package? The package includes the lowered sports suspension which will probably give a little more road feedback.

I ordered the sport package, so I will let you know if I have the same issue when mine gets here.
I did not get the sports package. I do have the low profile pirellis. It is great - but for this issue. Actually - turns out they left the tires inflated over 60 PSI!!! The shipping pressure.

I'm still a little "iffy" that something is a smidge out of whack in the front. Frankly, the car corners and rides like a dream.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by carthinker
I did not get the sports package. I do have the low profile pirellis. It is great - but for this issue. Actually - turns out they left the tires inflated over 60 PSI!!! The shipping pressure.

I'm still a little "iffy" that something is a smidge out of whack in the front. Frankly, the car corners and rides like a dream.
Hi,

Turns out that the "regular" tires are either Michelins or Continentals. For some unknown reason, I have Pirelli's. I guess P is a 2007 supplier. The dealer's been great! They're swapping the Pirellie's for Michelins in a day or so. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

I'm going to have them check the suspension, shocks, and alignment when they're doign the wheel swap.

Any other ideas out there?

- Thinker
Old 07-18-2006, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
damn they inflated the tires to 60psi? What pressure are they rated to?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Frisco
damn they inflated the tires to 60psi? What pressure are they rated to?
They are 35 rear and 29 front (I think)!

Once they hit the right pressure - it took two days to get the tread to wear in. Now - it is the smoothest thing ever! What a turnaround!!