CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Chipped front windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Chipped front windshield

I was racing one of the new 330i's and we went through an area with construction on the side of the road. Rocks went everywhere, I could hear them hitting my car. I got to a carwash and when they were done washing I looked and saw my front windshield has a chip in it and I got a little paint chip on the front windshield column. Anybody know if there is a way to fix that little chip or am I ruined for life. When I drive now, I always look at that little chip, its so annoying. That paint chip just looks bad too. So, any help guys? Thanks.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500 Convertible
Insure your front windshield if it is not already. Go to a autoglass shop. Then get a new windshield for free even tinted if you want. That's how i did it. huhahah
Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 PM
zee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Silver CLK500
Autoglass shop is the place

I got the stone chip on the front windshield as well (normal driving on a highway with construction zone). Had a spider shaped chip in the front, that would have grown in size if left unheeded, and would have eventually cracked the whole windshield. Mercedes quoted me almost 1,000 Canadian Dollars for replacing the windshild (including the new one and installation). I ended up taking it to a local autoglass shop. They fixed it for almost $70. However you should be prepared to see a small spot at the place of the chip. The autoglass solution is not perfect or spotless.