CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

please help on auto climate control.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please help on auto climate control.....

hi all...i have a 2004 clk 200 compressor with the auto climate control with the digital screen.my question is when i press in the rotory knobs the auto icon and the red leds on the knobs turn on....all ok untill here.then when i press in the rotory knobs in again to go to manual mode the leds won't turn off again.the only way to go to manual mode is to turn the "rotory " knobs and the leds go off.....is this normal...please someone help me so i dont have to go to sevice tomorrow and wast my time.....thanks to all
To make my question simple....How go to manual mode from auto?

Last edited by boolis; 09-06-2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: making it better.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by boolis
hi all...i have a 2004 clk 200 compressor with the auto climate control with the digital screen.my question is when i press in the rotory knobs the auto icon and the red leds on the knobs turn on....all ok untill here.then when i press in the rotory knobs in again to go to manual mode the leds won't turn off again.the only way to go to manual mode is to turn the "rotory " knobs and the leds go off.....is this normal...please someone help me so i dont have to go to sevice tomorrow and wast my time.....thanks to all
To make my question simple....How go to manual mode from auto?
WHat you are doing is normal. You are not going to manual mode by pressing the buttons again. pressing the button does not toggle manual and auto. The reason nothing happens is because you are requesting "auto" and it is already in that mode.
In order to go to manual mode, you have to change the fan speed up or down a few increments, or to off. this suspends automatic mode.
Hope that helps..