CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

The only thing I don't like about the car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 SL 550
The only thing I don't like about the car...

The stupidest thing about the car is that there is no battery voltage meter to check the battery power! How dumb is MErcedes? The only time something comes up is when the power is too low, but at that time it could be too late!

Also, there should be a dual Exhaust on the car, one is not enough, it just doesn't look right! The CD Player is great, although I did expect more from a Mercedes. My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee's Infinitit System is just as loud, but not as clear. I was hoping on it being SUPER LOUD, but oh well, you can't have everything!

The car is Unbelievable, don't get me wrong, I am VERY VERY HAPPY WITH IT!, however The above are what I'd like to see in the new ones to come and I'm sure MB will come through for us.

So when the lease is up in 3 years, and time to get a new one, it will have all these amenities mentioned above. Oh yeah, and VENTILATED SEATS PLEASE!

Ciao,

"The Don"
Old 09-01-2002, 08:34 PM

Re: the sound system, I am also not impressed with the factory stereo available with the CLK500. I consulted with a local Car Toys store, and was told that the factory system might not be replaceable, due to the "network" that ties various electronic functions in the car together.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I expect a $60K+ car to have an exceptional sound system out-of-the-box. The idea that you need to move up to the CLK55 to get an upgraded stereo is beyond reason. But the CLK500 is a nice enough car otherwise that I might contemplate replacing the factory system.

Can someone weigh in on this -- is it possible to replace the factory stereo in the CLK500 without disabling the air bags or jeopardizing operation of the sunroof???
Old 09-02-2002, 12:02 AM

Eugene, give "The Don" a break, please. He bought the car, he loves the car, but there are a few things he thinks should be improved. Like all car manufacturers, MB makes choices about where to splurge and where to cut. All of us, especially those who have purchased the car (I haven't yet), have a right to criticize those choices.

I agree with some of the criticisms raised by Don and others on this board, but like most others, I think the new CLK is a very nice vehicle, on balance. MB needs to hear input like this (and I'm sure they monitor this board) in order to make better decisions in the future. Personally, I hope they take this input to heart, and soon!
Old 09-02-2002, 09:49 PM

NEVER POSTED THIS.

THESE IMATURE POSTS WERE MADE BY ONE OF MY BROTHERS FRIENDS WHO LOGGED IN USING MY "STORED" PASSWORD.

I HAVE NO HYUNDAI REMOURCE, MY FATHER WILL BE BUYING ME A CLK 500 WHEN I AM ELIGIBLE TO DRIVE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS OF ME BEING ABLE TO AFFORD IT PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT I LIVE IN THE NEW TRUMP BUILDING WHICH IS 90 STORIES, MY ADDRESS IS 845 UNITED NATIONS PLAZA.

SORRY FOR THE IMATURITY WHICH U WERE FORCED TO WITNESS. I WILL BE REMOVING THOSE PREVIOUS POSTS.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:52 PM

2013 SL 550
Kewl, I deleted mine as well!

Ciao!