CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just have a few questions for you guys.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Just have a few questions for you guys.

I am contemplating leasing a CLK350, right now the big thing is the trade in value for my car my goal is to make the trade in basically pay for the 27 month lease. As of right now I am at a $2k difference with the dealer.

I did a search first and could not find the answers to a few questions.

1st question is by nothing having a B pillar do you end up with air leakage between the front and back window? AKA excess wind noise.

Next is also related to the lack of a B pillar, I wanted to know if anyone has a side impact crash test result or for that matter any crash tests I cant seem to find any, I was reading the car is supposed to be 40% stiffer than the previous CLK but does that translate into being safer in a side impact?

The car I am thinking about leasing would have only P1 package on it. It says H/K logic 7 system I assume that is the same as in the E350 which has logic 7.

But on P1 it says cell phone pre wired?

This is what it says on the site "Pre-wiring for cell phone included. Hands-Free Communication System sold separately as an individual option. Requires Bluetooth® Interface Module, MHI cradles, and handsets sold separately."

The way I take it you just need the cradle and its a plug and play thing. Or do you need the cradle if you are going to use bluetooth.

Thanks for your help and time.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:03 PM

2022 E350 Cabriolet
The lack of a B pillar does not increase wind noise, our car is very quiet with no air leakage and it looks great as well.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:48 PM

2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
1st question is by nothing having a B pillar do you end up with air leakage between the front and back window? AKA excess wind noise.
No nothing at all, even at max speed
Next is also related to the lack of a B pillar, I wanted to know if anyone has a side impact crash test result or for that matter any crash tests I cant seem to find any, I was reading the car is supposed to be 40% stiffer than the previous CLK but does that translate into being safer in a side impact?
Never had a crash, but seen the crash tests. The car is just as strong as a C class and performs the same. It's a lot stiffer that is for sure. Seen them being built too and extra strength is added everywhere.

The car I am thinking about leasing would have only P1 package on it. It says H/K logic 7 system I assume that is the same as in the E350 which has logic 7.
You got it in one.

But on P1 it says cell phone pre wired?
This is what it says on the site "Pre-wiring for cell phone included. Hands-Free Communication System sold separately as an individual option. Requires Bluetooth® Interface Module, MHI cradles, and handsets sold separately." The way I take it you just need the cradle and its a plug and play thing. Or do you need the cradle if you are going to use bluetooth.
Yes, you just buy the MHI for your phone. There are quite a lot out there and away you go. I have the Nokia 6230 and the associated MHI. Love it!!