CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I took in my car for service and it cost $1,100

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK320
I took in my car for service and it cost $1,100

Well I only paid $100 because I bought an extended warranty and I brought in my car before it runs out in the end of this month. But it would have cost me 1100 bucks which is a hole hell of a lot. This is what they did for 1100 bucks

1) Reattached outside temp sensor
2)Replaced window regulator mounting bolt because it was missing. (Where did it go? I have no clue)
3)Evacuated and charged AC, added an expansion valve, dryer cartridge, screw plug, filter, valve, and 4 seal rings
4) Fixed feul level sensor

And there is a $680 repair that I chose not to do because its not under warranty and I don't really need it.

SO basically, buy an extended warranty. My car has 99,000 miles.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLK350, [sold]07 BMW530i, Porsche Cayman
i hate mb
Old 10-14-2006, 05:23 PM

which extended warranty did u purchase from? Wow..you sure enjoy your CLK
Old 10-14-2006, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by tigger
which extended warranty did u purchase from? Wow..you sure enjoy your CLK
I purchased it from MB for 2300 or something. I also remember having a repair for 600 before that it covered. And I am sure there are a few things it covered that I don;t remember. So I am probably close to even on it. Even if I am not even, at least I had the peace of mind incase anything drastic broke.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 AM

what year is your clk?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by Shundee
what year is your clk?
New body style '03
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by gbahri

1) Reattached outside temp sensor
2)Replaced window regulator mounting bolt because it was missing. (Where did it go? I have no clue)
3)Evacuated and charged AC, added an expansion valve, dryer cartridge, screw plug, filter, valve, and 4 seal rings
4) Fixed feul level sensor

To my cars defense. The temp sensor probably cam eout when I ran into a trash can on the highway going 80.
And they said the AC was only .6 pounds low but they replaced everything just incase because the AC takes forever to get cold. And the feul level sensor never showed te car was full since day 1 that I bought my car. ANd it stil isn't working.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
if your fuel sensor is faulty since day one and still isn't working, they should continue to try and fix that at no cost to you since it wasn't addressed properly under both factory and extended warranty. not your fault that they can't fix it.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
wow, and I thought I had alot of miles!!
Old 11-08-2006, 04:21 PM

CLK500
would I be eligible to purchase a MB extended warranty if I purchased my CLK from an aftermarket dealer or a personal sale? Would it matter if the original warranty has expired or not?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2006, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
When I bought my 2004 CLK320 in Toronto, the basic warranty covered 4 years and 80,000 KM.

It does not matter where you bought your MB. You can purchase the extended warranty from a MB dealership anytime before the basic warranty expires. If your car is over 40k KM, you will have to pay $250 for an inspection before they will sell you the extended waranty.

I bought the extended warranty at 39k km and I paid $2,600 CAN. It covers 3 more years or up to 160k KM.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by mvp81
would I be eligible to purchase a MB extended warranty if I purchased my CLK from an aftermarket dealer or a personal sale? Would it matter if the original warranty has expired or not?

Thanks
No need to even go to MB. Mercedes Benz uses a warranty that is backed up by Fidelity Insurance company, which is sold through JM&A Group in Deerfield Beach Florida. You're paying a markup if you buy it through Mercedes.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
I would love to purchase an MB extended warranty for my 2004 CLK500. But on the MBUSA website, it states that extended warranties are only sold for cars 2005 and newer. I called them and they said the same thing.

Did any of you purchase a Mercedes-backed extended warranty in the USA on a CLK that is older than 2005 ?

Last edited by Eich; 11-09-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by Eich
I would love to purchase an MB extended warranty for my 2004 CLK500. But on the MBUSA website, it states that extended warranties are only sold for cars 2005 and newer. I called them and they said the same thing.

Did any of you purchase a Mercedes-backed extended warranty in the USA on a CLK that is older than 2005 ?
There is NO SUCH THING as a Mercedes Benz "backed" extended warranty. Daimler Chrysler uses JM & A Group which sells warranties backed by Fidelity. When you buy the extended warranty from the dealership, you're buying it from a middleman who is adding on a huge commission.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Toog can you point me to where I would have to go to get that warranty? Mine won't be up for a while, but I want to look at my options (are there other ones out there that will actually honor the warranty?) because it'll help me decide if I want to keep the car, because maintenance costs on these things are rediculous. I just had one bixenon headlamp replaced and the COMAND system, and it cost $6500 in parts and labor. Thankfully, it was under warranty.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by Chi500
Toog can you point me to where I would have to go to get that warranty? Mine won't be up for a while, but I want to look at my options (are there other ones out there that will actually honor the warranty?) because it'll help me decide if I want to keep the car, because maintenance costs on these things are rediculous. I just had one bixenon headlamp replaced and the COMAND system, and it cost $6500 in parts and labor. Thankfully, it was under warranty.
Jesus christ. That's a huge repair!

You know, it doesn't really matter where you get the warranty from, it matters WHAT warranty you get and who underwrites it.

Warranty Direct has some good warranties although they are a risk retention group. Continental Warranty has a HUGE database of warranties you just need to make sure you talk to the right person.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
Originally Posted by Toog4me
There is NO SUCH THING as a Mercedes Benz "backed" extended warranty. Daimler Chrysler uses JM & A Group which sells warranties backed by Fidelity. When you buy the extended warranty from the dealership, you're buying it from a middleman who is adding on a huge commission.

But there IS such a thing as a warranty that a Mercedes dealership will honor without any questions asked. I've heard from people that have purchased 3rd-party warranties that have been denied claims after visiting a dealership.

The extended warranty I would like is one that I can go to any MB dealership and have a problem fixed with 100% knowledge that the cost of the repair will be covered without any hassle. That's what I mean by a MB-backed warranty. I want it to be as close to MB's original factory warranty as possible - an extension of the original factory warranty if possible.

If I purchased it THROUGH MB, I would expect this. So if I purchase an extended warranty through JM&A Group in Deerfield Beach Florida, you're telling me that I can also expect this ?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
But there IS such a thing as a warranty that a Mercedes dealership will honor without any questions asked. I've heard from people that have purchased 3rd-party warranties that have been denied claims after visiting a dealership.

The extended warranty I would like is one that I can go to any MB dealership and have a problem fixed with 100% knowledge that the cost of the repair will be covered without any hassle. That's what I mean by a MB-backed warranty. I want it to be as close to MB's original factory warranty as possible - an extension of the original factory warranty if possible.

If I purchased it THROUGH MB, I would expect this. So if I purchase an extended warranty through JM&A Group in Deerfield Beach Florida, you're telling me that I can also expect this ?
I looked at the JM&A Group's website, and they say you have to purchase it from a dealer. Also, I searched the forum and saw that someone had some problem's with Warranty Direct. I'm think I'm just going to purchase one from the dealer because the few extra dollars will probably get me a warranty that will be honored.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:14 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
I'd be happy to purchase an extended warranty from the dealer Except, they won't sell it to me - according to mbusa.com

http://www.mbusa.com/care/warranty/extended-limited.do

Option to purchase coverage after 12 months from the new vehicle delivery date available for Model Year 2005 and newer vehicles. A surcharge will be added to the Suggested Retail Price if purchased after 12 months from the new vehicle delivery date as follows. 13 - 24 months: 10 percent surcharge. 25 - 36 months: 15 percent surcharge. 37 - 48 months: 20 percent surcharge.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I'd be happy to purchase an extended warranty from the dealer Except, they won't sell it to me - according to mbusa.com

http://www.mbusa.com/care/warranty/extended-limited.do
did you ask the dealer?
Old 11-11-2006, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S

The problem is not that the dealership denies the warranty. Most extended warranties pay the claim by a corporate credit card over the phone. So if your MB dealership is not accepting a cc over the phone, there's a bigger problem.

I do think, though, that the biggest misconception about extended warranties is that "The coverage looks great so it's a great warranty!" It really comes down to the contract as well. And if you want a warranty that gives you no hassles, you need an exclusionary warranty that has no labor cap, no parts cap, and no adjuster clause. You need a warranty that is backed by a solid insurance company with A ratings at AM's Best and Moodys. If you have a warranty that has a contract that will pay 100% of whatever the dealership is charging, then you're fine. There's no need to buy directly from the dealership and pay their markup. Because to tell you the truth, the warranty you're buying from the dealership is not their warranty. Ultimately they have to call the claims department and get paid. And if they don't get paid, do you think they're going to cover your bill? NOPE.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
I looked at the JM&A Group's website, and they say you have to purchase it from a dealer. Also, I searched the forum and saw that someone had some problem's with Warranty Direct. I'm think I'm just going to purchase one from the dealer because the few extra dollars will probably get me a warranty that will be honored.
Well Warranty Direct uses a RRG, and to be completely honest, they used to use an insurance company that went out of business. So I'm not suprised.

But Continental does have access to the JM & A plan as well as a few others. Check your PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:54 AM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
did you ask the dealer?

After reading on the MBUSA site and calling MBUSA - they said they wouldn't offer an extended warranty to me. So I didn't think a call to the dealer would be any different. But I suppose I can try the dealer anyway....
Old 11-11-2006, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
After reading on the MBUSA site and calling MBUSA - they said they wouldn't offer an extended warranty to me. So I didn't think a call to the dealer would be any different. But I suppose I can try the dealer anyway....
I just assumed the dealer would want to sell it to you, trying to suck as many dollars out of you as they can.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
I just assumed the dealer would want to sell it to you, trying to suck as many dollars out of you as they can.
Exactly! The dealerships biggest hope is to get you out of your car and into a new one. By giving out six year warranties, there would be no hope. But hopefully, when your car breaks down and has a major repair, they'll take that and apply it to a new car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I took in my car for service and it cost $1,100