CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Thanks to all for help with clk500 IPOD install!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all for help with clk500 IPOD install!!

I've never posted on this forum but I've used it alot lately to research how to install an IPOD mount into my '03 clk500.

I just wanted to thank everyone and anyone who has ever posted info on how to remove interior panels, the location of the AUX input (which I never new exsited) and all the other information that assisted me in this most basic of IPOD installs.

Some time ago my wife bought me a 30gig video IPOD as a gift. I had always wanted to use it in my car but did not want to get into a involved install of equipment to use it.

Because of the great info I found on this site, I decided to install a basic FLEX Mount but did not want to have a wire hanging around or the mount sticking out of my ashtray.

So, in case anyone else is looking for a simple clean way to use there IPOD, I thought I would do what lots of others have done and post what I did. Just in case it helps someone else.

To start, here is my car:

First, bought a $6.00 audio cord from Radio Shack. Plugged it into the Aux jack and ran it through the side of the glove box with a small rubber gromet:

Second, ran the cord through the back of the glovebox:

Third, out the passenger side of the center console:

Forth, spliced 2 wires into the exsiting cigarette lighter:

Fifth, pulled those wires out the pass side of center consle;

Sixth, drilled a hole and attached a heavy duty 12v asseccory recepticle and drilled a hole for the audio cord:

Seventh, secured the recepticle and added a rubber gromet to audio cord:

Last, plugged in the mount, clipped on the IPOD, plugged the audio cord into the base and .................. Music!

Thanks again for all the info!