CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

KONI FSD's on CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 200 2002 (w209)
KONI FSD's on CLK

70K on the clock and time is up for new suspension. I start looking on the net for reveiws about the new KONI FSD serie. I saw the BMW and AUDI forum and the reveiws was ok. So I deside to buy. BIG MISTAKE !!!! Already 270 Km on a very flat tarmac and there is a constant vibration in the whole car. (I've check the tire balance after the instalation) The funny thing is that. I'll try to describe.
The vibration is something like a
______^^^^6sec^^^^^___4 sec___^^^^6sec^^^^_____4sec____ even with 240 Km/h. Seems to be a synchonisation of the suspension with something. Monday morning I'll contact the local dealer to ask for support. The good thinks are: In low speed 80-100 km/h the suspension absorbs everything, better than the stock one also during cornering I saw some improovment. During braking and acceleration the car seems not to dive like before. It's a very sort time for full reveiw but be sure that I will inform the forum as soon as I have finish. My ride has a set of 18'' Carlsson with H&R sport springs kit and a set of SP 9000 Dunlop .
Old 02-21-2008, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'08 CLK320CDI AMG// '13 E500 Coupe AMG// '17 E350d AMG
Originally Posted by pakka
70K on the clock and time is up for new suspension. I start looking on the net for reveiws about the new KONI FSD serie. I saw the BMW and AUDI forum and the reveiws was ok. So I deside to buy. BIG MISTAKE !!!! Already 270 Km on a very flat tarmac and there is a constant vibration in the whole car. (I've check the tire balance after the instalation) The funny thing is that. I'll try to describe.
The vibration is something like a
______^^^^6sec^^^^^___4 sec___^^^^6sec^^^^_____4sec____ even with 240 Km/h. Seems to be a synchonisation of the suspension with something. Monday morning I'll contact the local dealer to ask for support. The good thinks are: In low speed 80-100 km/h the suspension absorbs everything, better than the stock one also during cornering I saw some improovment. During braking and acceleration the car seems not to dive like before. It's a very sort time for full reveiw but be sure that I will inform the forum as soon as I have finish. My ride has a set of 18'' Carlsson with H&R sport springs kit and a set of SP 9000 Dunlop .
Any updates on this?
Old 02-22-2008, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 200 2002 (w209)
Sorry guys. I forgot to update. To busy.
Anyway, was no solution to my problem, so the dealer replace the FSD's with a set of yellow adjustable KONI's.
He dial it in the softer position and my ride it's really good. The cornering is perfect the braking as well. I've tried to stiffener the KONI's many times specially in sort trips with hi speed in a curly roads. They works as they must. Cruising isn't bad but I prefer the soft dialing.
Easy to adjust. Has to stop the car and do the adjustment.
I've more than 15.000 km after the replacement and I'm still happy