CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK320 Into CLK DTM: Is it Possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 Into CLK DTM: Is it Possible?

I just bought a CLK320 and it is nice. Everyone at my college has a modified Eclipse, WRX, RX7, and even a Skyline. I was wondering if it is even possible give the CLK an even more sportier look and turn it into a CLK DTM look. The spoiler shouldn't be too hard to get, but the front bumper, sideskirts and rear bumper could be difficult to find. I just need some ideas. Thanks
Old 09-11-2002, 07:41 AM

2008 M6 Vert
It will be interesting to see what aftermarket parts will be available. Right now, I have not seen any on sale at any of the usual vendors. I personally hope that AMG comes up with a more aggresive and sportier version of their CLK kit. Not saying it looks bad but compared to the previous AMG kit, the current one on the 500 appears to be drowned out by the sheer size of the car.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Why compare a mercedes with a subaru, mitsubishi, nissan, and a mazda? Who cares if they are top of the line japanese cars? How many compliments and looks will YOU get compared to the others at your college? Come on now.

If you want a more agressive kit then go with Lorinser. The sideskirts alone are pretty muscular, Brabus is too subtle, AMG is too common, and Carlsson doesnt really have thier own style, it looks more stock than aftermarket. Thats my advice, IMO the CLK is beautiful machine and should not be turned into a crazy modded, fender flared race car with NOS.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Almost a Member!

99 SLK 230/03 CLK 2003
Re: CLK320 Into CLK DTM: Is it Possible?

Originally posted by TheOne
I just bought a CLK320 and it is nice. Everyone at my college has a modified Eclipse, WRX, RX7, and even a Skyline. I was wondering if it is even possible give the CLK an even more sportier look and turn it into a CLK DTM look. The spoiler shouldn't be too hard to get, but the front bumper, sideskirts and rear bumper could be difficult to find. I just need some ideas. Thanks
Dude, DON'T Touch the car! Leave it as is. Throwing on a spoiler and sideskirts, etc does nothing other than ruin the natural beauty of the car! Trust me, you'll be getting more looks driving the CLK with after-market add-ons because people are going to be wondering what possessed you to ruin a gorgeous, sleek car with those things. trust me, don't touch it! And if you're in college driving this baby, fugeddaboudit!!! just don't stain the seats buddy!!
Old 09-12-2002, 10:03 PM

yeah dont spoil your clk

just get a AMG bodykit
that would look sick

the new CLK is not sporty at all...
why try to make it look sporty
it will make ur car look ridiculous

if you want sporty look why u bought clk in the first palce

just put an amg kit and it will look agressive
thats wat im gonna do to my clk