CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Installing OEM Bi-Xenon Headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK200 Kompressor Avantgarde
Installing OEM Bi-Xenon Headlights

Hello everybody,
i did a search but unfortunately didnt find any info on how to replace my headlights, so i wanted to ask you if you know step by step the procedure to install my xenon headlights!
At the moment i have halogen, i did order my bi-xenons from ebay from diferrent users but they are identical with following part numbers!
I am pretty sure from what i have read in here that auto leveling will not be available,they will also be passive,but it is a plug and play install except from the dealer who has to activate the option from star diagnose...

So if anybody can help me changing the headlights it would be great...

P.S if i install the bi-xenons while not having them enabled through star diagnose will i have any errors in the cluster heading to my dealer?do i unplug the battery while changing headlihts?

Thank you!!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Almost a Member!

1)can also somebody explain what are these for?i have them marked in th picture...

2)anybody who knows exactly how can the front bumper be removed?where are the bolts and rats,any clips etc...thanks a lot

Old 01-03-2007, 09:31 PM

I personally don't know how to install it. But I know someone who can do it for you. Maybe you can email him or something.

Here is the info,
Steve Krabbenborg
steve@mbenznl.com
www.mbenznl.com
http://groups.msn.com/mbenznl

I have a 2004 CLK and it didn't come with navigation. Steve helped me out and installed factory MB navigation for me. He really did a nice job; I don't have any kind of problem with my car since then. The dealership couldn't even tell that navigation is not come with my car originally. Good luck!!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Almost a Member!

well i have heard that from many people in the forum, i do believe that steve is the best solution to my problem cause everything i have seen made by him,is purely factory style, you cant tell the difference, but i am in greece and i dont even know where is he or will be in the next few days (it would be interesting for steve to come by from here cause i also have a thermotronic unit to retrofit something which is a bit difficult and requires for sure steves knowledge on benzes)

Thanks anyway
Old 01-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w215 - CL55 w/stage III
Cool

i changed my headlights myself! let me know if you still need the help!