CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

TV Tuner for CLK???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63 / W212 E63
Talking TV Tuner for CLK???

I've added a Euro Command to my 2006 W209 CLK350 and now want to add a TV Tuner. I've read that W211 and W220 TV Tuners will work in a W209, could anyone confirm? Will the following models work in my car?

A 211 820 05 97
A 211 820 14 97
A 211 870 27 62
A 221 870 19 89

Also, I understand that i need to purchase the power wiring harness for the TV Tuner - does the harness include the MOST cables? Could anyone confirm if I need to add an additoinal MOST cable from the amplifier to the TV Tuner and then TV Tuner going back to the Command?

Finally, does ANYONE have the part number for the wiring harness?

Thank you!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
220 tuners will NOT work. The one you need has a brown FAKRA connector on the tuner itself I believe it's the 1497 you need. Wiring a MOST based tuner is pretty simple. You can use the Satellite radio Fiber optics to plug into the tuner first. Next, you'll need the power connector. It has 4 wires on it. Power (constant), ground, turn on, and antenna power. You can use the satellite radio power connector for this as well. You will have to get a amplified antenna with the correct connector also. You will have to run a FAKRA coax wire to the front of the car and plug it to the green fakra connector behind the comand unit.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 AM

W204 C63 / W212 E63
Originally Posted by sunman
220 tuners will NOT work. The one you need has a brown FAKRA connector on the tuner itself I believe it's the 1497 you need. Wiring a MOST based tuner is pretty simple. You can use the Satellite radio Fiber optics to plug into the tuner first. Next, you'll need the power connector. It has 4 wires on it. Power (constant), ground, turn on, and antenna power. You can use the satellite radio power connector for this as well. You will have to get a amplified antenna with the correct connector also. You will have to run a FAKRA coax wire to the front of the car and plug it to the green fakra connector behind the comand unit.
Hey Sunman, thank you for your quick reply. 1497 has the FAKRA but the 0597 does not - however, I only need the FAKRA for the TV antenna, right? Because I plan to use the TV Tuner just for RCA Video input (for DVD player, etc.), I won't need an antenna which means that I can get by with the 0597 model (since it has the same optical/4 pin power connector.

Also, using the Satellite radio fiber optics, you mean that i take the optical input from my amplifier and connect it to TV Tuner optical in first, and then another optical cable from TV Tuner out to the amplifier in, right?

By the way, could you let me know where I can purchase the satellite radio fiber optic and satellite radio power connector? What are their part numbers?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 AM

W204 C63 / W212 E63
Originally Posted by sunman
Hi, could anyone confirm if the tv tuner model A 211 820 05 97 will work with my 2006 CLK? I see on the Germany ebay that this model is compatible with W209 CLK but I don't know if I can trust them. The only difference is the brown Fakra connector on the back which connects to the green Fakra on the back of the Command - what is this needed for? Please note that I don't plan to use the antenna nor TV but just the RCA inputs.

Finally, I think I can just tap into power lines of the amplifier but for the optical lines, can I just use another optical line from the amplifier to the TV Tuner (to add it to the ring). It seems like this way I can simply avoid running wires from the trunk to the front Command.

Anyone??? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the best place to order all this stuff? I'm a newb and also wanted to know if we can use the in dash dvd player for viewing dvds? thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by stingnyc
Whats the best place to order all this stuff? I'm a newb and also wanted to know if we can use the in dash dvd player for viewing dvds? thanks
www.mbenznl.com