CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Prospective CLK500 owner :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prospective CLK500 owner :)

I have been browsing this site and ebay for my prospective next Vehicle, just like the title states, a CLK500. More than likely an 03-04 model. What concerns me most is the extended warranties I have seen offered. For those of you who have purchased such a warranty, have you had any issues with repair coverage and/or timeliness of repair work (which could have something to do with the service dept). but also what are your insurance costs? and do you eat tires constantly? and what issues have you constantly had? I read a few other posts about what seem to be relatively simple repair issues, which for me are no big deal - have tools will fix! Ok, finally, do you have any complaints or annoyance issues with your CLK?

thanks guy,

joseph
Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by lowflyinbird
I have been browsing this site and ebay for my prospective next Vehicle, just like the title states, a CLK500. More than likely an 03-04 model. What concerns me most is the extended warranties I have seen offered. For those of you who have purchased such a warranty, have you had any issues with repair coverage and/or timeliness of repair work (which could have something to do with the service dept). but also what are your insurance costs? and do you eat tires constantly? and what issues have you constantly had? I read a few other posts about what seem to be relatively simple repair issues, which for me are no big deal - have tools will fix! Ok, finally, do you have any complaints or annoyance issues with your CLK?

thanks guy,

joseph

Try doing a search this topic has been discussed many other times. You probable will have more luck that way. Most members dont like to answer the same questions over and over again.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Theres just a lot of little electrical problems like window, seatbelt, lights, sunroof, abs, esp, and amplifier malfunctions.
If youre a normal driver then tires should be normal, if your aggressive or a drift-nut then yeah, the RWD 340tq should eat them up.
Good luck
Old 02-28-2007, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Theres just a lot of little electrical problems like window, seatbelt, lights, sunroof, abs, esp, and amplifier malfunctions.
If youre a normal driver then tires should be normal, if your aggressive or a drift-nut then yeah, the RWD 340tq should eat them up.
Good luck
the suspension on my tbird is pretty aggressive, I have to replace tires every year. Are the amp issues enough to warrant a real headunit and amplifier?

Last edited by lowflyinbird; 02-28-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Lol, actually it was my aftermarket subwoofer and amp that blew the factory one. But sure, why not . The bass on these cars suck anyway. I cant seem to find anybody that will install an aftermarket headunit, everybodies afraid to touch a benz.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Lol, actually it was my aftermarket subwoofer and amp that blew the factory one. But sure, why not . The bass on these cars suck anyway. I cant seem to find anybody that will install an aftermarket headunit, everybodies afraid to touch a benz.
I know Crutchfield sells the appropriate wiring harness. I guess im spoiled with my Alpine headunit, full ipod integration, and my 5 channel kicker.