CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Service Engine Light P0101 MAF or VAF Perf Range

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Engine Light P0101 MAF or VAF Perf Range

Hi there,

I am having problem with CLK500, check engine light comes with P0101 code. It seems like the code gets triggered at 0mph when you turn the car off. Car only has 3k miles on it. My MAF sensor seems to work fine, as far as reading live data with the scanner MAF range around 5 to 10 on low speed easy driving. I have also cleaned the MAF with rubbing alcohol but this didn't help.

I bought a brand new sensor from ebay and it has matching Bosch serial number, however when I install this sensor the car has hesitation on the idle and dies few times when you first attempt to put it on the gear. When the engine gets warm, the these problems disappear but the same code P0101 will appear after driving a while.

What else could trigger MAF code, vacuum leak somewhere else? Any suggestions? Could water in gas trigger something like this or could this be related to dirty gas filter? Any information or suggestions are welcome.

What would unplugging MAF do? Could this help trouble shooting the issue?

Thanks, Juha
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unplugged MAF sensor

This resulted 2 codes, one for the intake air temperature sensor and one for low voltage on MAF circuit which all seems normal. So that didn't help.