CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brakes worn - rotors recommended as well?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 CLK500 & '05 C230
Brakes worn - rotors recommended as well?

My service advisor called to notify me that my front brakes are worn and need to be replaced. He seemed to indicate this required the rotors be replaced as well. The car has 28k miles on it and I've not had to change the brakes yet. No warning lights on. I have no problem replacing the pads, but it seems ridiculous to replace rotors as well. Am I missing something? I've never had to replace rotors with every brake change.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 911 c4s cab, 2022 Lambo Urus
wait for the "brakes worn! "message to show up on your system. After that u still have at least 2000 miles before having to replace depending on your driving.

I had my light go on and still waited to change my brakes. U can do it anywhere. It's a simple procedure. After the brake pads were taken off, i still had enough pad left to go at least another 1000 miles i'm guessing. The pin sensor is located pretty far from the end of the pad.

I also have 55k miles on my car...havent had to change the rotors once.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
I had the same thing happen to me at 28k miles for the front rotors and pads. Rotors were worn on the inside. The rear brakes didnt have to be replaced at all and looked new.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:07 AM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Originally Posted by ddensity
My service advisor called to notify me that my front brakes are worn and need to be replaced. He seemed to indicate this required the rotors be replaced as well. The car has 28k miles on it and I've not had to change the brakes yet. No warning lights on. I have no problem replacing the pads, but it seems ridiculous to replace rotors as well. Am I missing something? I've never had to replace rotors with every brake change.
sounds like they are trying to get you to buy stuff you don't need. Unless you are there and watch them measure the rotors and you know the minimum specs I wouldn't buy the rotors. The only vehicles I have seen that would need rotors that early are some of the 163 model MLs.