CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need Help / Advice Regarding CLK Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help / Advice Regarding CLK Bluetooth

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a CLK550 with prewiring for phone kit. When I ordered the car I requested the Bluetooth setup. To make a long story short the dealer told me that Mercedes stop selling the phone kit and they are unable to get it. So they installed a parrot bluetooth kit. The Parrot does not work with the cars builtin functions.

I told the dealer I was not happy and this not acceptable. They agreed to replace it and install a new ssystem if I can find a bluetooth kit that will work with the car. Steering wheel butons and command unit.

I was wondering if anyone knows if Mercedes really did stop making the phone kit and if there are any other available kits or harnesses available.

I appreciate your ehlp.
Scott
Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 PM

2008 CL63 AMG (May 2007)
Angry

My dealer just ordered the phone kit so I guess it is still available, but there is no way I'm paying what they want for it! I just picked up a 2007 CLK350 Cab and the screen sticker says Premium Package 1 and pre-wired for telephone. So I asked the dealer to put the bluetooth accessory on - it's supposed to be $400 and has a pre-req on the Premium Package.

Anyway, after half a day in the shop they finally called and said it would cost about $2000: $400 for the bluetooth module, $300 for the cradle and $1000 for the car kit, plus labor!

I looked in the arm rest and there is no socket so I'm wondering whether the pre-wiring was not completed - the bluetooth module accessory page says, and I quote: "Requires factory pre-wiring included with P1, P2, or P3 Premium Packages. Bluetooth Interface Module or Multi-Handset Interface cradle sold separately." Nothing about needing any other phone package. But maybe that has all changed based on your story.

I tried to talk to AutoWireless Solutions but their salesman couldn't tell me anything - just wanted to know if I had an MB approved phone :-(

I'm heading in to see my salesperson tomorrow, taking the printout of the bluetooth module accessory with me, and I'll let you know what they say but I'm not too optimistic. Seems quite a con to me - I would have insisted on one with bluetooth installed if I'd known about this...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:01 PM

2008 CL63 AMG (May 2007)
Quick update - dealer says the phone kit we need is part number Q-6-82-0965 but they were told they were not available yet but will be in the future, with no estimate as to when.

My Service Manager told me the same happened with the S - they came out a couple of months after the car. Interestingly with the S they retrofitted them for free when asked - not optimistic we can get the same deal but am writing to MB USA to ask :-)

Only alternative is to wait for the Argos unit which is still due any day now - and probably will be for several months I suspect: Argos don't have a good track record of delivering when they say they will (by months if not years) from what I've been told by the very helpful people on this forum...
Old 06-15-2007, 06:40 PM

2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe
I got pre-wiring too... you just gotta buy the correct UHI for Bluetooth

If you're in Europe you have three options and these are the part numbers:
A204 820 05 35 Bluetooth SAP V2 Adapter
B6 787 6128 Bluetooth SAP V2 Adapter with handset
B6 787 5877 Bluetooth Headset Profile cradle

If you're in the USA you have:
B6 787 5839 Bluetooth cradle for lots of Motorola/Blackberry phones
B6 787 5856 Bluetooth Motorola V60 'Puck'
B6 787 5874 Bluetooth/Docking cradle for L7 SLVR
B6 787 5869 Bluetooth/Docking cradle for V3 RAZR
B6 787 5878 Bluetooth Headset Profile cradle

Being in Europe I have A204 820 05 35 in my car. I use it in conjuction with a Nokia 8800 Sirocco without any issues. I also use it with a Nokia 6233. With the 6233, I get limited access to the phone. The phone book doesn't download correctly and I only get numbers listed on the sim card without their names.

Anyway, hope this info helps
Old 06-19-2007, 08:08 PM

2008 CL63 AMG (May 2007)
Unfortunately that is not true according to my Service Manager: pre-wiring (in the US for 2007 at least) does not give you all the things that it used to (even though the web site has not been updated - see my earlier post).

According to the stealer, on top of the bluetooth module (6-7-87-5878) you also need the Phone kit: Q-6-82-0965 (the thing that is not even available!) and the Completer: Q-6-82-0913. Some also say you need the cradle (Q-6-82-0925).

Someone on another thread I was posting on says that this did not used to be the case, and that pre-wiring meant the phone kit and completer were present, but not any more :-(

I haven't opened mine up to check - will do that (I believe the completer can be seen in the trunk under the carpeting...)
Old 06-23-2007, 07:42 PM

CLK 350 Cabriolet
Bluetooth Install

I have a 2006 CLK Cab which was pre-wired and I too went through the con job of trying to get the bluetooh installed. The actual bluetooth cost @$400 and the install to tap into the pre-wiring and put a puck in the middle console for the bluetooth cost about $2000. I had this done by a custom mobile phone place. (The dealer didn't have the parts.) Then I had to have the car programmed through the dealer so the car would recognize the setup. I believe that was free! Woopie!

The next problem I had was I wanted to upgrade my RAZR phone to a Motorolla Q and the bluetooth was not the right SW version for the phonebook download. AWS came out with another software version and I had to purchase another bluetooth module to get the phonebook download for the Q. (If anybody needs a bluetooth module part B 67875839 let me know. I have an extra one that works perfect with most phones. The software version is SW 0706.)

Good luck with your install. I've gotten over the whole thing and am enjoying the handsfree set up.

Michael