CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question about a salvaged title W209

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about a salvaged title W209

Hey there everyone, so recently I came across a salvaged '03 CLK320 that had been rear ended. As a result, the car is now missing the entire trunk lock assembly in addition to the third brake light (the one on the trunk). I picked up the car for less than $5000 and the body work had already been completed. Actually the car is driveable, and drives good, I might add, except for the fact that I can't really close the trunk (which is a pretty big problem). I've been trying to find the parts all over, but I haven't really had much luck. I haven't checked with the dealer yet, but I'm guessing they'll charge an arm and a leg. Does anybody know where I might be able to get these parts, and about how much I should expect to pay for them? I don't really wanna pay too much since it's a salvaged title, but I am anxious to get it running. I'm guessing I need the trunk lock assembly and possibly the wiring harness (the old wires are still there, but not sure if they're in working order), and the third brake light.

I'm really serious about getting this car out on the streets, thanks in advance for any help!

If it'd help, I can post pictures of the trunk later.