CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Sports Suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sports Suspension?

The sports suspension option lowers the car by 1.5cm or 150mm. Does this make much of a visual difference to the car sitting on 17" wheels? Also how much does it impact on the ride quality of the car?

See the problem is that the car is for my mum. We were told that the vehilce looks a lot better with the sports suspension by the dealer (you see there are very few CLK's at delearships since they have all been sold), but if ride quality is going to deteriorate significantly then perhaps going without it is the better option.

I'd appreciate any input. (final decisions have to be made my this thursday)

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2002, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Re: Sports Suspension?

Originally posted by Mercedes Benz #
The sports suspension option lowers the car by 1.5cm or 150mm. Does this make much of a visual difference to the car sitting on 17" wheels? Also how much does it impact on the ride quality of the car?

See the problem is that the car is for my mum. We were told that the vehilce looks a lot better with the sports suspension by the dealer (you see there are very few CLK's at delearships since they have all been sold), but if ride quality is going to deteriorate significantly then perhaps going without it is the better option.

I'd appreciate any input. (final decisions have to be made my this thursday)

Thanks!
If Sports Suspension is a factory-installed option w/ a CLK, by all means, it will deteriorate the quality. Now, it will give you a more stiffer ride, as opposed to a loungy feel you typically get in a BENZ. Plus, the drivers who typically want sports suspension enjoy testing the car i.e. fast driving, cornering..etc..

Visually, the car is will be enhanced. I recommend asking a dealer if you can test drive a CLK w/ this option and compare the difference. If you mom has no intention so utilizing this option, I would not get it b/c it's not cheap or practical for her.
Good luck

djamer

djamer
Old 10-14-2002, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Re: Re: Sports Suspension?

Originally posted by djamer
If Sports Suspension is a factory-installed option w/ a CLK, by all means, it will deteriorate the quality. Now, it will give you a more stiffer ride, as opposed to a loungy feel you typically get in a BENZ. Plus, the drivers who typically want sports suspension enjoy testing the car i.e. fast driving, cornering..etc..

Visually, the car is will be enhanced. I recommend asking a dealer if you can test drive a CLK w/ this option and compare the difference. If you mom has no intention so utilizing this option, I would not get it b/c it's not cheap or practical for her.
Good luck

djamer

djamer
my apologizes.. IT WILL NOT DETERIORATE QUALITY...!!!
Old 10-14-2002, 08:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sports Suspension?

Originally posted by djamer
my apologizes.. IT WILL NOT DETERIORATE QUALITY...!!!
how come u are so sure?
of coz it will deeriorate quality.....if u change ur spring theres no way u can still maintain the same ride? am i right?

it will be slightly harsher ....i thinjk
Old 10-15-2002, 06:44 AM

Thumbs up Thanks...

Any CLK owners out there who have test driven both cars with and without the sports suspension.

Test drives are a problem here because Mercedes Stock of CLK's has been sold for the whole year, and therefore they are very rarely at the dealership.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2002, 05:48 PM

CLK240 (W209)
I have the Sports Suspension and 17" wheels. I don't believe it affects ride comfort and adds to the dynamic driving of the car.

I also believe that it makes a big visual impact. A lot of people at the garage where I bought the car thought that it looked very different from the standard setup, i.e. much better.

I am of course very happy with my clk!
Old 10-17-2002, 01:44 AM

Post Thankyou...

But we finally decided not to go with the sports suspension, no one is going to really drive the car very hard and my mum would prefer a bit more comfort.

Now all there is to do it wait.........only 5 months left
Old 10-21-2002, 11:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 CLS 550
What Sport suspension are you talking about? The Appearance Package? I didnt know it had the air suspension system .....