CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CD Player Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Player Warranty Issue

So I have a CLK350 in @ Fletcher Jones for a CD jammed in the CD player. They are denying my warranty coverage since the CD is a burned CD.

The idea of not being able to play a burned CD in a factory player is strange enough, yet I would assume that the dealership would make an effort to make me aware of this limitation. If I would have known that the CD player was incapable of playing burned CDs I would have never inserted it.

Is there any action I can take to get the repair covered under warranty? Does it in fact state in the manual that burned CDs can not be played?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03CLK500,13 Panamera GTS,00 BOXSTER,96CARRERA CAB
Same problem...same BS

I had the same problem with my CLK500 having a disc jam on the spindle (I use burned discs in my CLK320 and my two Porsches with No Problems).
After being told the same, I spent some time with a flashlight trying to see what the problem was...the problem was that the CD spindle was stuck on the center hole of the CD. I decided to try to free it. What worked for me (and I am NOT recommending this method...Repeat, I am NOT....) was to place a short would block (I used a 2"x2"x12") on the player and gently tap it with a hammer while powering the player on and off. After a few trys, the disc came free and all is working fine. This occurred a few months ago.
I examined the disc to see if there was any visible reason for it to jam, and the was not. I have since played the same disc in the same player without and problems.