CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Decided against CLK500...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Yes, Why Is That?

Originally posted by Safet
That W209 owners, as some individuals stated earlier, don't want anyone saying a single bad word about their cars?

Sorry to say, but I agree I think the 209 is a step down from the 208...newer body, yes, if you wanted the newest thing fine go buy it, but the 209, in no way, elicits the type of reaction the 208 does.
DITTO!!
Old 10-24-2002, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Re: Yes, Why Is That?

Originally posted by Safet
That W209 owners, as some individuals stated earlier, don't want anyone saying a single bad word about their cars?

Sorry to say, but I agree I think the 209 is a step down from the 208...newer body, yes, if you wanted the newest thing fine go buy it, but the 209, in no way, elicits the type of reaction the 208 does.
well, yeah, i think new clk owners are a bit defensive. but i think it's a normal reaction. it's ok not to like the new 209, but keep bashing it and it gets boring, right?

people like karl k like to keep repeating it over and over and over again. ok, i understand. you don't like the car. can we let it go now? yeah, you got the last great clk (well, 1st generation)... peace.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:51 PM
Aus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I accept negative comments about the 209 (appart from the fact that its a girls car). However, it seems that the vast majority of negaitive comments stem from 208 owners-
So you say "we (you) can't say a single bad thing about 209's." We say "you can't say a single good thing about 209's"
It's as if you treat a good comment towards the car that replaced yours as a negative comment towards your car.

I agree though the whole point of a bulliten board is not to hear a one sided story,
Old 10-24-2002, 11:27 PM

I donno... I like both, the 208 and 209. Great looking cars! I don't know what I would pick if I had to.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Re: Yes, Why Is That?

Originally posted by young
well, yeah, i think new clk owners are a bit defensive. but i think it's a normal reaction. it's ok not to like the new 209, but keep bashing it and it gets boring, right?

people like karl k like to keep repeating it over and over and over again. ok, i understand. you don't like the car. can we let it go now? yeah, you got the last great clk (well, 1st generation)... peace.
please...

...just another defensive broken record......another defensive broken record......another defensive broken record......another defensive broken record...
Old 10-25-2002, 07:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've had (have) CLK 430/CLK500. The CLK 500 could have been better looking in the rear quarter panel and c-pillar. The CL is such a good design, it will be a classic, the new CLK is very generic from the rear quater view. The wipers in the CLK 500 are not near as good (loud-they streak).
Old 10-25-2002, 10:35 AM

Just my two cents. Please don't flame me.

The M3, W208, and W209 are all great cars. I am happy that I have the ability to drive such a fine car, no matter which it may be.

If I learned anything after Sept. 11th, it was not to sweat the small stuff and be thankful for what I have.

Think about the percentage of people on this planet that will never have the chance to own either a BMW or Mercedes? Have we gotten so arrogant in this country that we have forgotten how lucky we really are?
Old 10-25-2002, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Re: Re: Re: Yes, Why Is That?

Originally posted by karl k
please...

...just another defensive broken record......another defensive broken record......another defensive broken record......another defensive broken record...

funny, when i put your comment thru babblefish, i get, "...blah.......blah......blah......blah..."

you forgot to again mention that the "w209 is a step down while the new e class is a step up." put it in your sig.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
funny, when i put your comment thru babblefish, i get, "...blah.......blah......blah......blah..."

you forgot to again mention that the "w209 is a step down while the new e class is a step up." put it in your sig.
...man (?) ... u r a fasssst learner, u finally got it GROPIUS -- deserving an A+!!

Now, back to more important things:
I need more blueprints; go run me a couple more blueprints...and have FUN!
Old 10-25-2002, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
zing!

you're good... very good.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:20 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I'd take the M3 over the CLK500 anygiven day.

when comparing the two, M3 is out of door at $60k and CLK500 out of door maybe at the high $60s. to me, that's a lot of Franklins between high $60k and low $60k.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
zing!

you're good... very good.
TNX...and now -- ponder this paradox:

The Mini-Cooper is a step UP while being a step DOWN for BMW...very ponderous, indeed.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:09 PM

2002M3
The Mini-Cooper is a step UP while being a step DOWN for BMW
So True

Thanks to Bangle Butt
Old 10-25-2002, 07:15 PM

///M3
Originally posted by chriskurn
Just my two cents. Please don't flame me.

The M3, W208, and W209 are all great cars. I am happy that I have the ability to drive such a fine car, no matter which it may be.

If I learned anything after Sept. 11th, it was not to sweat the small stuff and be thankful for what I have.

Think about the percentage of people on this planet that will never have the chance to own either a BMW or Mercedes? Have we gotten so arrogant in this country that we have forgotten how lucky we really are?
Very well said, I totally agree with you.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:43 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by vivianlove
So True

Thanks to Bangle Butt
I don't think Bangle had anything to do with the MINI. He did messed up the Z4, and drawing up with the ugly 1-series though. Yes, i didn't mention the 7 because i think it's really nice.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:57 PM

2002M3
Originally posted by FrankW
I don't think Bangle had anything to do with the MINI. He did messed up the Z4, and drawing up with the ugly 1-series though. Yes, i didn't mention the 7 because i think it's really nice.
"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So True

Thanks to Bangle Butt"

Perhaps, you didn't read my reply correctly.

I love the Mini-Cooper; didn't you notice I ordered one and its listed in my sig?
Actually, I just picked up the Mini-Cooper-S this morning. My girl friend LOVES IT!

I hate what Chris Bangle did to the Z4 with his flame cut design and the 7 series big butt look with huge eyebrow feature on the front end. I'm sure he’s going to destroy both upcoming 5 series and 6 series with his Bangle butt design. GOD HELP BMW!

Old 10-26-2002, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
"quote:

So True

I love the Mini-Cooper; didn't you notice I ordered one and its listed in my sig?
Actually, I just picked up the Mini-Cooper-S this morning. My girl friend LOVES IT!

Great choice - Vivianlove!!

I have fond memories driving the original Mini through the Swiss Alps. That was FUN. It seemed, that all of the Swiss bell-cows were smiling.

Now, how can we shrink the SUVs??
Old 10-27-2002, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
I simply dont know which I would choose. The 209 looks GREAT (thats right, GREAT), but so does the M3. For me it would come down to whether I wanted to shift or not. Also the whole SMG vs. 6-speed controversy has nothing to do with my ego, I just like the feel of nailing my own shifts!
Old 10-27-2002, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by AndrewK
I simply dont know which I would choose. The 209 looks GREAT (thats right, GREAT), but so does the M3. For me it would come down to whether I wanted to shift or not. Also the whole SMG vs. 6-speed controversy has nothing to do with my ego, I just like the feel of nailing my own shifts!
I just finished test driving the 3, 5 and 7 series at BMW's "Ultimate Driving Experience" at the Gulfstream Racetrack in SE Florida.

The BMW seats are the Best!...particularly the leg-extension. The 7 series has standard 18" wheels with 19" as an option.

Compared to the MB powertrip and E-Motion, BMW gave you the keys to go on an unaccompanied 10 mile drive.

Additionally, at the 2-mile serpentine test course, the promo focused on the 7 series, comparing it to the MB S-430 and Lexus 430. One was accompanied by a race drive instructor. Knocking down cones did NOT disqualify you from further test drives, as it did with the mickey-mouse MB powertrip and E-Motion promotions.

BMW won hands-down in handling stability/control/sporty driving capabilities plus ALL of the hi-tech I-Drive component controls.

Controlling navigation and changing radio stations via voice commands was just unreal!!

Thanks BMW, a well-done enjoyable and educational driving experience and BMW promotion!!
Old 10-27-2002, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
"quote:
I hate what Chris Bangle did to the Z4 with his flame cut design and the 7 series big butt look with huge eyebrow feature on the front end. I'm sure he’s going to destroy both upcoming 5 series and 6 series with his Bangle butt design. GOD HELP BMW!
you can't have no change. sometimes a revolutionary change is better than a series of evolutionary ones. bangle's designs are growing on me now.

i like the mini also.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:20 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
you can't have no change. sometimes a revolutionary change is better than a series of evolutionary ones. bangle's designs are growing on me now.

i like the mini also.
I agree. I don't dislike the Z4 but the diagonal line across the fender is a little weird IMO. I like the 7. Hopefully the 5er, and the 6er will look in person. keep in mine that Chris Bangle is the one who bring us the current 3-series, and the Z8. I definitely take the Z8 over any other supercar anytime.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by FrankW
I agree. I don't dislike the Z4 but the diagonal line across the fender is a little weird IMO. I like the 7. Hopefully the 5er, and the 6er will look in person. keep in mine that Chris Bangle is the one who bring us the current 3-series, and the Z8. I definitely take the Z8 over any other supercar anytime.
well IMO i think the 3 seires is disgusting, its overflooded in vancity here, and Z8, ill take a porsche turbo with that cash flow
Old 10-28-2002, 01:07 AM

well IMO i think the 3 seires is disgusting, its overflooded in vancity here, and Z8, ill take a porsche turbo with that cash flow
well it's good to have your own opinion that the 3 series is disgusting. we are all entitled to our own opinions.

however, if the 3 series is really 'overflooded in vancity here'... then it would be a safe statement to say that you are in the minority in thinking that the 3 series is disgusting around where your live, wherever that is. either that or people where you live like to buy disgusting cars.

MMAfia
Old 10-28-2002, 03:09 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by MMAfia
well it's good to have your own opinion that the 3 series is disgusting. we are all entitled to our own opinions.

however, if the 3 series is really 'overflooded in vancity here'... then it would be a safe statement to say that you are in the minority in thinking that the 3 series is disgusting around where your live, wherever that is. either that or people where you live like to buy disgusting cars.

MMAfia
good point MMAfia

Ferrari's are for short people who have money (drove my dad's friend's 355 spyder F1, and that thing's interior is so small. It was very very fast though and handles). At least i can fit into the Z8, i want the SL55 too...hehe and 996 turbo, and Vanquish, and E55, and....oooh...there are sooo many i want now...dang
Old 10-28-2002, 03:24 AM

Originally posted by MMAfia

MMAfia
well of course its good to have your own opinon, ppl here buy the 3 series is cuz its cheap and most asian parents will want somethign like the 3 series cuz its cheap and its a name brand, bmw, for their kids... or just a small family sedan
well i do not thnk im the minority, there are more ppl thinkin the 3 series is ugly than you think.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Decided against CLK500...