CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Key won't turn after airbag deployment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key won't turn after airbag deployment

OK, this one is a two-parter...

1) The love of my life (even before my Benz) drove our 2003 CLK55 AMG into a concrete parking lot light base and deployed both front airbags - but not much other damage.

2) After she parked it - unlocked of course - some idiot pulled out / stole the Engine Control Module from the engine compartment, SRS control module from below the passenger foot well and the keyless go module from the trunk. I replaced the ECM so far, but neither of the other modules.

Well, now when I put the key in the dash info panel tells me the airbag control unit needs to be reset. I can put the key in, see initial electronics light up, but it WILL NOT ALLOW me to turn the key at all - making starting the car impossible. Yet oddly enough the keyless go seems to begin its activation when I press the shift top button - even with the module missing!

The ECM required that Mercedes burn in the VIN number to match it up. Will the other two modules need that as well or can I replace them from a salvage company?

Any ideas???

John

Last edited by JohnGilday; 08-15-2007 at 05:44 PM.