CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

convertible top - temp cover for rain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
convertible top - temp cover for rain

well, i just own one car, a CLK 320, so I'll be driving a lot (in rain etc), but at same time wanna take care, especially of its cloth top.

so here i'm curious ... aren't there any disposable covers (or plastic films) that one can put over the cloth top, such that it doesn't get wet in rain ?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:02 AM

2004 CLK 240
alexmn

Relax - the MB designers have ensured that your cloth top can withstand all weathers. There are some treatments available to preserve the quality of your cloth top.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 PM

i had gotten impression that people dont drive convertible as their primary car, just cause of the rain and wash problems. And as for washing instructions, they mention that top be dried under sun, to prevent mildew ...

having read that i was thinking, to take simple cautions, as I'd hate to dry the top after each rain.

about the treatments/cleaners, there is one highly advertised product 'Ragtop' saying it protects, but then few articles mention it to be instead harmful, and only to use occasionally.

with all this in mind, i wondered why dont a simple plastic like film exists ... we wont need to worry about top, mildew, and drying.