CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Loose Steering on clk550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' CLK550c
Loose Steering

I had pulling on my car even after my dealer did a wheel alignment. So they took it back & said that it could have been the tires being worn from the poor alignment. Now the steering feels extremely loose. They told me they adjusted the caster, so could this be the reason.? Also, I had a c280 loaner that had very tight steering, matbe I need to get adjusted back to the clk550 steering, any opinions!

P.S. The head Service manager handled it this time, and I am not happy with the results

Last edited by jhac; 12-07-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:53 PM

BENZ
hrmmm well i recently had my steering pump and a vlave replaced and my steering felt buttery... maybe a lil bit tooo buttery... but now about like 3 days later its begun to get a lil heavier for my liking... i hope it doesn get worse... good luck and if it doesnt change at all bring it back l0l
Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jhac
I had pulling on my car even after my dealer did a wheel alignment. So they took it back & said that it could have been the tires being worn from the poor alignment. Now the steering feels extremely loose. They told me they adjusted the caster, so could this be the reason.? Also, I had a c280 loaner that had very tight steering, matbe I need to get adjusted back to the clk550 steering, any opinions!

P.S. The head Service manager handled it this time, and I am not happy with the results
Push them to replace/fix it again. It may make you feel funny to go back again, but remind them this is a GIANT safety issue.
If you are polite, calm and insistent, they will do the right thing.