CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

HID lights are always on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK500
HID lights are always on

So I imported my car from the states into Canada and the daytime running lights were required in order to import. Ever since the modifications to canadian spec was done at the mb stealership, my HID's are always on, even in bright daylight, and with the light switch on the 0 setting.

Someone mentioned to me to check in the instrument computer but I don't see any settings in there for the HID lights.

Unfortunately I do not have the car manual with me so I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done but does anyone know what needs to be done to turn off the HID's? Ideally I'd rather have it back to the way it was before, off in the daytime but auto on during the night.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C-230 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by b_lum81
So I imported my car from the states into Canada and the daytime running lights were required in order to import. Ever since the modifications to canadian spec was done at the mb stealership, my HID's are always on, even in bright daylight, and with the light switch on the 0 setting.

Someone mentioned to me to check in the instrument computer but I don't see any settings in there for the HID lights.

Unfortunately I do not have the car manual with me so I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done but does anyone know what needs to be done to turn off the HID's? Ideally I'd rather have it back to the way it was before, off in the daytime but auto on during the night.
here is the USA owners manual. i will leave the link active for 5 days
http://members.***.net/mercedessd/cl...s%20manual.pdf
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by b_lum81

Its the law in your country. The conversion made it so you can't turn them off. STFF
Old 02-13-2008, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09CLK550Cab 61k miles
Unless the Canadian version of the car changed the software, there is a place in the menu system to adjust the daylight running lights. It's in the same place you can set celcius versus fahrenheit (I want Kelvin!) and other stuff.

If you can't find it in there, then it must be an official Canadian version.

My dealership had accidentally set the car's computers to "Canadian" for the alarm computer, and it made the can make a completely gay beep-noise when locking the car. The US noise is silent.

You can probably pay the stealership $100 to reprogram the ECU, if they are willing to.