CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Ordering questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 02:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering questions

I am in the queue to order a CLK for US delivery, had a question for the experts:

- There are certain options available on the UK MB website that aren't available from the standard US literature. Assuming the basic car style is available here (320, 500), is there any way to order some of these color options here? Specifically some of the two-tone interior, designo exterior colors, alternate wheels, etc.

- Anyone know definitively whether the rumor of a mid-year production change from CD-ROM to DVD-ROM based COMAND system is true? Or what about the rumor (I've only seen once) that the 320 was going to become the 350 sometime during MY2003 due to an engine upgrade?

- Any other cool 'undocumented' order options codes I should be aware of before I lock in the production?

Also, has anyone here taken delivery of a Euro model with the "Avantgarde" interior trim (aluminium) who would care to comment on it? Its offered here as a similar option, but I have yet to see one. I generally don't care for the look of so much wood, so looking for sportier alternative.

Overall it seems like the UK/Euro folks have a lot more freedom in personalizing their vehicles, which is very cool. Here we only get to choose from the top couple of engine lines and much more restrictive on the colors/trim (unless you sping for the AMG which opens up more options).

Thanks all. sorry for so many questions, took a while to find a reasonably active CLK forum.