CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

keyless go problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK500
keyless go problem

I just started having a problem with my keyless go yesterday. The locking and unlocking still works, but when I'm inside the keyless go button no longer works, however if I move the gear shift from its P position to the right as if I'm going to sweat gears, then move it back to the left, that has the same exact effect as pressing the button!

It's actually not that big of an issue except everytime I park(by moving the knob back to P from whatever gear it was in before) now the car automatically shuts off thinking I pressed the engine start/stop button...

anyone seen this before? gonna take it to the dealership if I can't figure out what's going on, but hoping to avoid the drive and the wait

thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 350 Fog City, CA, USA
Smile

Sounds like the button is jammed ON... or button wire is shorted .... so everytime you move the shift knob from the Park position the short is momentarily removed fooling the system into thinking you pushed the start/stop button. Does that make sense??? Meanwhile if you solved the problem, please post it here....