CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Interior Trim removal help + puddle light question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 CLK500, W221 S550
Interior Trim removal help + puddle light question

does anyone know how to take the interior trim of a clk out? the wood trim around the navi, and the doors pannels etc.. basically all the wood stuff i have on my car, thanks a lot!

also, i've had my puddle lights for like half a year and they are still not installed lol, i can't figure out how to get the wire into the interior of the car, so any help on that will be appreciated as well smile

jon
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 PM

None
Lets see I know the wood are the navi is pretty easy to take off. You will need a torx set. Look at the very bottom of the wood piece above the ash tray there are two torx hiding in that crack. Also about running the wire into the car. If you want to keep it pretty stock simply run into engine bay fuse box and use coat hanger to get through firewall at the bottom back part of the fuse box.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:43 PM

W209 CLK500, W221 S550
Originally Posted by rsatmans
Lets see I know the wood are the navi is pretty easy to take off. You will need a torx set. Look at the very bottom of the wood piece above the ash tray there are two torx hiding in that crack. Also about running the wire into the car. If you want to keep it pretty stock simply run into engine bay fuse box and use coat hanger to get through firewall at the bottom back part of the fuse box.
thanks for the info i'll go look for those 2 screws right now, as for the wiring, it's on the sideskirts so how would i be able to get it in the engine bay? from the fender lining? seems like a VERY long wire then =/
Old 05-18-2008, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
The door panels must be removed to remove the wood inserts on the door panel

It would be best if you had a Tech hook up the puddle lights...
I have seen a few people TRY to install them and Door sill lights and do damage to the car ala Burned wires
Old 05-18-2008, 08:10 PM

W209 CLK500, W221 S550
thanks mark, most people have told me that puddle lamps are about as difficult as angel eyes for bmws and ive done literally dozens of those, so im hoping to this myself as well as save a few bucks. but with that said, would u install them for me? how much? i know ur good with this kinda stuff haha

thanks for the info on the door trims, any idea how to get the center ones out? is it the two screws as stated earlier?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Thanks for the offer I would try a local shop that would do the install