CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Got My Car Back, Big Difference

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
E55
Got My Car Back, Big Difference

Just Got My Car Back From the Shop, and it's a big difference from the renntech CF Air Box and Evo Pullys. Just Shoots Out. Next thing to do is make my quad exhaust a true exhaust, maybe next month. And Sprint Booster, ANybody have any other suggestions on how to milk our cars for HP
Old 05-22-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Clk 550
How much did it cost? You should dyno it.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:11 PM

E55
yea my cousins having a dyno at his show this sunday i am going to. the renntech cost 800 with shipping, the pullys cost 500 including install, green filters 100, ecu tune 300, and exhaust 800
Old 05-22-2008, 05:12 PM

2006 CLK 350 Fog City, CA, USA
Is that Renntech Air Box a Supercharger? If so, how much boost is it set to?

Did you lose some low end torque/HP with the Manaflow quad exhaust or not?

What does that Evo pulley do?

It all sounds good.. !

ps. Any Girls Gone Wild at the car show this weekend?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:31 PM

E55
Originally Posted by unitfreebie
Is that Renntech Air Box a Supercharger? If so, how much boost is it set to?

Did you lose some low end torque/HP with the Manaflow quad exhaust or not?

What does that Evo pulley do?

It all sounds good.. !

ps. Any Girls Gone Wild at the car show this weekend?

renntech air box is not a supercharger, its the air intake for the car. I did lose some low end torque from the quad which is the reason why i am taking out the wheel well for my car and replacing it with the c class wheel well which will allow me to have enough room for another muffler. evo pullys underdrives the alternator and give 12 hp stated by evosport. We'll see bout them girls, this is the 1st show ever so were uncertain on turnout.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:58 AM

2006 CLK 350 Fog City, CA, USA
Thanks for info... say, does any of the mods you are doing affect the smog emission test?

How much labor is involved in changing the spare tire well to a C-class?; I thought the CLK was a C-class. OR are you saying there is no more spare tire, just a can of SPARE tire spray?

Can you put a number (FT-Pounds) on the loss in low end torque after installing the Magnaflow quad exhaust?

Does the battery maintain the charge enough using the EVO pulley, meaning it's life is not shortened?

If you advertise the car show on the college campus, and have Snoppy Dog with camcorder in hand, the girls will come!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 AM

E55
I have no idea yet how much labor is involved, hopefully not too much. No the c-class wheel well is different. The pulleys i BELIEVE only affects high power stereo systems. I can't put a number on the loss, its nothing major, i more than enough made up for the loss with the ecu tune.

Originally Posted by unitfreebie
Thanks for info... say, does any of the mods you are doing affect the smog emission test?

How much labor is involved in changing the spare tire well to a C-class?; I thought the CLK was a C-class. OR are you saying there is no more spare tire, just a can of SPARE tire spray?

Can you put a number (FT-Pounds) on the loss in low end torque after installing the Magnaflow quad exhaust?

Does the battery maintain the charge enough using the EVO pulley, meaning it's life is not shortened?

If you advertise the car show on the college campus, and have Snoppy Dog with camcorder in hand, the girls will come!