CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Convertible won't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 500
Exclamation Convertible won't work

My convertible won't work! When I hit the button, the car tells me that the truck is open and it is not! Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 07-05-2008, 07:05 PM

2014 GL450
Make sure the plastic panel in the trunk is pulled down so that there is room inside the trunk for the top. The panel has an arrow on it and a handle to pull it down. Otherwise it might be a sensor that needs to be replaced.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:20 PM

clk 500
I will go look for this panel you mention with the arrow on it....do you know where the sensor is? I went to Santa Barbara for the 4th and there was a lot of ash from the fires up there...I am thinking the sensor might be blocked...
Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 PM

clk 500
the panel was up, so I pulled it down, but i am still getting the message that I need to close the panel/ski partition
Old 07-05-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09CLK550Cab 61k miles
There's two parts in the trunk to do.

One is the plastic part.

The other is the more forward part. Harder to get to. Must press those little things against the back of the rear seats.

Did that make sense? (I'm hammered.)

Last edited by trikoid; 07-05-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:38 PM

clk 500
Your My .....H E R O!!

It worked!!! Hammered or not, you fixed my problem....it means a much better drive home tonight! Thank You!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09CLK550Cab 61k miles
You're so welcome! Your thank you note helped nursing the hang over a little more tolerable. The weather was great yesterday, but the kids didn't want the roof down.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:44 PM

2014 E350 Convertible
Help!

Originally Posted by trikoid
There's two parts in the trunk to do.

One is the plastic part.

The other is the more forward part. Harder to get to. Must press those little things against the back of the rear seats.

Did that make sense? (I'm hammered.)
Your “hammered” message clearly helped the person in the original thread solve his issue which is the same one I’m having; however, I am a female who is not mechanically inclined. Can you explain a little more so that I can try the same thing to see if it fixes my issue as well? Thanks in advance! 😉
Old 10-03-2021, 08:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 CLK 550 2012 C300
Hope,

stop blaming a lack of experience on a contrived females inability to grasp anything technical. Jeez, I hate that. You get no sympathy from me. I’m a guy who is insanely curious. If you can operate a can opener you are more than half way there. Open the trunk and take a look around. I’ve worked with many women and I always enjoy thinking with them. they bring another valuable facet to the game and usually think differently, I love that. You do yourself a huge disservice. What the heck, here you are a poor little baby fingered lass but still read technical forums. Get out there and kick some tail.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:06 AM

2014 E350 Convertible
Originally Posted by zill
Hope,

stop blaming a lack of experience on a contrived females inability to grasp anything technical. Jeez, I hate that. You get no sympathy from me. I’m a guy who is insanely curious. If you can operate a can opener you are more than half way there. Open the trunk and take a look around. I’ve worked with many women and I always enjoy thinking with them. they bring another valuable facet to the game and usually think differently, I love that. You do yourself a huge disservice. What the heck, here you are a poor little baby fingered lass but still read technical forums. Get out there and kick some tail.
You misunderstood my response completely. I am NOT a poor little baby. The only reason I used the “female who isn’t mechanically inclined” description was to educate the person responding that in fact I am a female with no experience therefore using jargon that other car enthusiasts or mechanics would understand won’t easily be of service to me as I have never worked on any car issues before.