CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Don't you get annoyed when the dealer simply saids its not covered under warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63, E53
Don't you get annoyed when the dealer simply saids its not covered under warranty?

Don't you get annoyed when the dealer simply saids its not covered under warranty? I sure did.

I had to bring it in due to the driver side multicontour seat's front lap airbag was deforming and shifted forward. My rear center brake light was cracking.

Imagine this dropping off your CLK in the morning at the dealer and the dealer lets you know it will take a full day's worth of work.

Later on in the afternoon the dealer calls you to let you know "It can't be done, its not covered under warranty. The only thing they could do was to replace the third brake light under warranty. The seat however was not covered under warranty. The service writer advised me he had to get the warranty manager to look at it to confirm's its not under warranty.

Now basically I lost a whole day's of time to get that answer. I was dissappointed to say the least.

A friend suggested I should bring it to Fletcher Jones Motorcars (Mercedes Benz) and I did the following week. I was greeted by the service writer Mohammed Firoz. He was very friendly and helpful. I reference the issues I had with the seat. He gave me a rental and informed me 4 hours later that parts will need to be ordered so the car will need to stay over night.

The next day my car was ready for pick up and the seat's part was replaced with a new part UNDER WARRANTY not what the first dealer(Bay Area) said to me before.

Not only did Moe take care of my seat problem but he also was able to tracked down a flip cover for my armrest that goes over the wrench and "I" button in the newer CLK armrests. The part was on national back order and yet Moe got it to me within a weeks' time.

If you live in Northern California I firmly suggest Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Fremont (Mercedes Benz) and look for Moe. He's the MB service writer all MB enthusiasts; he's not just a worker for MB but also a MB enthusiast himself.

Anyone else please feel free to chime in any dealer road blocks you may have had in the past.

Last edited by Stan7; 07-23-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Completing Mohammed's last name