CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pandora / Last.fm on iPhone 3G and Mercedes iPod Integration Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK 350 Convertible
Pandora / Last.fm on iPhone 3G and Mercedes iPod Integration Kit

I had gotten no response to this on the general forum so I decided to repost this in the CLK specific forum because this is the car I drive. Has anyone had any experience with trying something like this?

I have a CLK350 with the iPod integration kit in the glovebox installed by the dealer after the purchase.

I am a big fan of Pandora and Last.fm and the iPhone 3G now has these available as free apps.

I was thinking of using a female dock connector connected to the audio jack of the iPhone (http://www.cablejive.com/inputcable.html) and manually playing Pandora or Last.fm through the stereo. I already have a ProClip mount for the iPhone. I know it's not the cleanest solution but Mercedes-iPhone kit does not allow access to anything except the phone and the iPod itself, i.e. not any of the apps like Pandora or Last.fm on the iPhone.

My question is if anyone else had thought of this and tried it out. Cablejive has another cable (http://www.cablejive.com/sounddockcable.html) that might also work, given that it is compatible with other automobile iPod kits (Logjam, Enfig, and Pioneer iPod docking interfaces). I wasn't sure which cable or if this would even work.

Anyone else tried to get Pandora to play through the stereo another way?