CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Fog lamp lens replacement question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 550
Fog lamp lens replacement question

When I took my car in today for my B service, I noticed one of my fog lamp lenses was cracked. The light still functions, but the dealership told me that they cannot just replace the lens, they have to replace the entire fog light assembly.

Can someone tell me if this is bs or a legitimate response.

Also, if anyone is aware of a good repair shop in Atlanta, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive the racism out of BadDebt. ;)
its difficult for them to source out just the lens. Nobody supplies just the lens. Its more cost convient for you and the dealer if they just replaced the entire lamp.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:48 PM

CLK 550
its difficult for them to source out just the lens. Nobody supplies just the lens. Its more cost convient for you and the dealer if they just replaced the entire lamp.
Thanks for the response, but I don't see them charging me $341 for the lens as a convenience to me. To them, of course, but to me, no way.

But from your response, can I infer that the lens can be replaced in isolation--and that it is just difficult to find?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 PM

07' CLK63 designo Graphite/Black; 07' E350 Sport White/Cashmere
Originally Posted by atl2nyc
Thanks for the response, but I don't see them charging me $341 for the lens as a convenience to me. To them, of course, but to me, no way.

But from your response, can I infer that the lens can be replaced in isolation--and that it is just difficult to find?
I had a broken fog light lens. MB Sarasota price was $212 for the part. I doubled checked, the lens is not available by itself.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:53 AM

CLK 550
Originally Posted by jjtoma
I had a broken fog light lens. MB Sarasota price was $212 for the part. I doubled checked, the lens is not available by itself.
Thanks for the first hand info jjtoma. I'll call around to the other dealerships and see if anyone offers a better price given the prices you have quoted here.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:54 PM

03 CLK55 AMG
Fog Lamp lens replacement question

Try this site they offered the lowest prices for factory fog lights I found anywhere. For My Mercedes provided fast and efficient service.

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_results.asp?model=w209&class=clk-class&category=AMG+Sport+Bumper+Fog+lights
Old 08-28-2008, 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09CLK550Cab 61k miles
I bought a used fog light on ebay for $120 about a year ago or so. I installed it myself. Maybe you'll be lucky too - when I looked, there was a left and a right one available from one guy. That's not a lot of used lights!

If you get your hands on it, you'll see why it is not available as a lens + bulb reflecter; the lens and bulb holder are a sealed, one-piece unit. It wouldn't make sense to sell it that way.

So yes, buy the whole thing. That's the way it goes.

Try not to break them - it's cheaper.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 PM

2006 Mercedes CLK500 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by atl2nyc
When I took my car in today for my B service, I noticed one of my fog lamp lenses was cracked. The light still functions, but the dealership told me that they cannot just replace the lens, they have to replace the entire fog light assembly.

Can someone tell me if this is bs or a legitimate response.

Also, if anyone is aware of a good repair shop in Atlanta, please let me know.

Thanks!
IT IS BS!!!!!!!
go to this website http://mercedesbenzgenuinep.reachlocal.net/ any part you want for your benz is in here. in fact. this is where your dealers order it from. lol.