CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Picking up a CLK 550, need help/advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2008 | 12:53 AM

Lexus GS
Picking up a CLK 550, need help/advice

Well, I'm new to the forums, and this is my second Mercedes. I'm a "noob" when it comes to customizing cars. My current lease on my Lexus is up, and I'm buying an 08 CLK 550 in Mars Red with Tan leather. Been doing some research, and want to do a couple things. If you guys can point me in the right direction or give me any valuable information rather than some car shop trying to get the most money out of me that would be great.

1) Turning signals from orange to red. Is that paint?

2) Front lip and rear lip/diffusor? Carlsson (spelling) seems to be the front lip of choice?

3) Should I get a "rear lip" with the front lip or a diffusor?

4) Exhaust wise, Eisennman is the choice? Can I do quad exhaust for looks (I bookmarked a thread where someone did it on a C class)

5) Finally, dropping the car, Eibach springs?

2, 3, and 4 all relate to each other I guess. I know I'm asking a lot, but any and all info would be great.
Old 11-08-2008 | 01:12 AM

Lexus GS
One more question, sorry guys. Is it possible to buy the 63 AMG body kit. Not the Black Series one, just the regular 63 AMG body kit. I've tried online, I'll call my local Mercedes Dealer to inquire. Thanks again.