CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

sprint booster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
sprint booster

ok I have heard about this thing but i am skeptical i am used to shipping my ecu having it flashed and instaling than i have the power. what does the sprint booster claim? does it work?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 AM

I drive the racism out of BadDebt. ;)
sprint booster removes the delay from your acceleration.

instead of stepping on the pedal and having a slight delay for acceleration, you get instantanteous power to the wheels thus appearing to have more power when you don't.
It takes away from luxury and turns it into a sportier feel.
It does not add any power whatsoever.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by Supafly
sprint booster removes the delay from your acceleration.

instead of stepping on the pedal and having a slight delay for acceleration, you get instantanteous power to the wheels thus appearing to have more power when you don't.
It takes away from luxury and turns it into a sportier feel.
It does not add any power whatsoever.

Introduction

Automobiles in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable technology for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates pedal travel into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.

The ECT system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.
The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ECT-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driver's disposal.

Feature

The Sprint Booster might very well be the "smartest" gadget on your car. It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ECT's potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.

Last edited by M-bENZ; 01-15-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
so its worth it? are theyre any numbers i.e improoved 0-60 and 60ft times at the track?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by audi_guy
so its worth it? are theyre any numbers i.e improoved 0-60 and 60ft times at the track?
its worth it if you are persueing the instant torque....i rode in a CLK that had it, and i definately will get one in the near future....
Old 01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by Supafly
its worth it if you are persueing the instant torque....i rode in a CLK that had it, and i definately will get one in the near future....
is your w208 or w209 ?? do anything to ECU???
Old 01-16-2009, 10:43 AM

i have a w209. No go fast mods at the moment. Just a few suspension and cosmetic upgrades.