CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems

can anyone tell me what problems thay have with the new clk?

e.g. aliignment problem, noisy wiper...etc

just want to know what to expect ...my car is arriving in a month's time
hope my car is problem-free
Old 01-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 240
I've got a six month old manual CLK 240 and the ONLY problem I have are the wipers being too noisy in light rain.

Apart from that, this is by far the best car I've ever had.

You'll love it.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:05 PM

2002 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
Had my CLK 500 for 2 weeks. Only problem to date are the wipers - they are actually very quiet but they leave some spots on the windshield unswept. My guess is that they have less pressure due to the prior complaints about noise and all I need is to have a tech adjust them. Otherwise no complaints or issues.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:27 PM

2003 CLK 320
I have had my 2003 clk 320 for about two months now and love it. The only problem I have had was the windshield wipers where missing spots. Took the car in they put new blades on and it works perfect now. They where noisy to but when they changed the blades that solved the problem and they do not make noise like before. I have not had any problem with the sensor on the wipers but others on this forum have.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Five months, 2,500 miles, only problem is the wiper blades ($ 84 (USD), but under warranty).
Old 01-24-2003, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a launch CLK500. From day 1 the sunroof is having issues closing, the wipers are noisy, and the engine mounts need to be fixed (per TSB). The sunroof is the only real problem I have had and I'm finally going to get it fixed (I think I need to leave it for a bit). Otherwise the car is wonderful. I have ~5000 miles since August 19.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:26 PM

2003 CLK 320
has anyone received wiper problems with the more recent production cars, those who received less than two months ago?

Thanks,
Calvin
Old 02-16-2003, 09:43 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally posted by calboy
has anyone received wiper problems with the more recent production cars, those who received less than two months ago?

Thanks,
Calvin
Yes, add me to the list, Jan 03 production...see my other posts under Wipers thread.

Last edited by RJC; 02-16-2003 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CLK 500 SHIT BOX
I have a Brand New CLK500 and I wish i never bought it!
If you live in the Chicago Land Area DONT GO TO AUTOHAUS in Northbrook!.

When I first got the car the SRS light was on. Then the passenger side speaker blew, and its still blown. (Dealer said they cant hear it) next the KeyLess Go Broke they had to order a new Shifter Assembly. 2 days after I got the car back the SRS light went on again. This time they said it was a battery issue. The car sat there for a week since the battery went dead and the doors locked. I had to call to check on my car and they finally informed me that they need the metal key to get in. So the day after i got the car back the SRS light went on again. And to this day the SRS light is on and one speaker is blown. And at one time the venting of the windows stopped working. I had to put them up with the switch everytime i got in the car.

I called MBUSA and they said someone would call me in 3 days. 3 weeks later and 2 more calls to mbusa some regional manager named CLEO GAINES calls with an attitude asking if i got everything fixed. I asked for his supervisors name and Number but he refused to give it to me.

Anyone have any Ideas or #'s to call?

Thanks

Chris
Old 02-17-2003, 12:50 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally posted by chriskober
I have a Brand New CLK500 and I wish i never bought it!
If you live in the Chicago Land Area DONT GO TO AUTOHAUS in Northbrook!.

When I first got the car the SRS light was on. Then the passenger side speaker blew, and its still blown. (Dealer said they cant hear it) next the KeyLess Go Broke they had to order a new Shifter Assembly. 2 days after I got the car back the SRS light went on again. This time they said it was a battery issue. The car sat there for a week since the battery went dead and the doors locked. I had to call to check on my car and they finally informed me that they need the metal key to get in. So the day after i got the car back the SRS light went on again. And to this day the SRS light is on and one speaker is blown. And at one time the venting of the windows stopped working. I had to put them up with the switch everytime i got in the car.

I called MBUSA and they said someone would call me in 3 days. 3 weeks later and 2 more calls to mbusa some regional manager named CLEO GAINES calls with an attitude asking if i got everything fixed. I asked for his supervisors name and Number but he refused to give it to me.

Anyone have any Ideas or #'s to call?

Thanks

Chris
Holy smokes

Get your sales person involved as they work on referals and repeat business. Try meeting with the GM of the dealership or trying another dealership, I've also found you get more with honey than vinegar i.e. avoid being too confrontational. Feel your pain though Does your state have a lemon law 3 times fro same problem???