CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New '06 CLK 500 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 500
New '06 CLK 500 Owner

Hello Everyone. This looks like a great community for MB Owners. I just purchased a 2006 CLK 500. Its Black on Black. Has around 38k miles on it. It is a CPO so it has the extra 1 yr / 100,00 mile warranty plus original still. I am loving it so far. I didn't realize how much power these cars have. I have a couple questions and I am sorry if they have been answered before. I searched the best I could before posting this.

1) It looks like the previous owner had soda spill while a drink was in the front cup holder. It made some of the buttons by the radio (telephone, seat warmer, etc) stick when you press them in. Anyone know how to go about taking apart this part of the dash so I can clean it really good?

2) The rear cup holders in the center console are broken. Does the entire console (leather and all) have to be replaced? or can I replace just the plastic cup holder portion?

3) I am looking at doing some easy mods to the car. ie. Air Filters, new brakes... etc. What do people recommend for this car and is there an online retailer that stands out above the rest?

4) The previous owner was nice enough to leave some burn marks in the driver side pillar (running up the left side of the windshield) Anyone know a good place to have the fabric replaced there or a better idea?

5) The car has a whining sound. It kinda sounds like the power steering pump. I took it into my local MB Dealer for service and they looked at it and supposedly changed some things but it didn't help. Are these cars really quiet engine wise? I know the exhaust sounds awesome.

I look forward to the responses and thanks in advance for helping a new MB owner out
Old 02-25-2009, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK430
trinityautosport.com

email joe and tell him van from mbworld.org sent you. he can get you all the dealer parts you need. mod parts...the sky is the limit.

i would save up some money and get a set of iforged wheels for your car.
to me, w209 with a set of wheels look awsome. i like the seneka wheel for your car.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:24 AM

Still Deciding
I just got the same car too! Silver on Black with 39k miles with Navi. Everythings been great so far and I do love the power...what a beauty.

I'm also looking to upgrade on wheels. Anyone here know of dealers in So Cal with good rates?

But good luck with the car.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:32 AM

Whining sounds comes from the tranny. Perfectly normal.