CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I moved my AUX cable from the Glovebox to the Center console.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
I moved my AUX cable from the Glovebox to the Center console.

This is how I did it.

I popped the chrome piece off my shifter, and opened the large part of the center console. I took out the lil coin holder and behind it is enough room to stuff the cable in. When I looked down where I removed the shifter cover I noticed I could see the 3.5m cable I was pushing though the hole behind the coin holder. I then took some needle nose plyers and pulled the cable though. On the pass side I pushed the cable back down and pulled it out w/ my fingers by the floor board.

I then rand it under the floor board ( which comes up very easy) and over to the panel where I had the orignal AUX cable routed. I pulled it out of it's old location and plugged it in pretty much right where it connects to the stereo cable When I was finished every thing fit perfect and I could see no wires. This makes it much easier for me to use my iPhone as I do not like to keep it stuffed in the glove box.

I hope this helps other people as I just had to wing it.

Oh the chrome peice on the shifter can be removed by prying it slowly starting from the front first.

Here are some crappy *** pics.