CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Smart key with Keyless Go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Audi S4, 2003 CLK 500
Smart key with Keyless Go

One of my remote control key fobs has not been functioning properly recently. I could not open the doors with the remote or open the door by just pulling on the handle. I called Benzel Bush and one of the service advisors suggested to get a brand new remote from MB under warranty. I asked him if it can be a bad battery inside the unit and his response was that he has never seen a CLK 500 remote that has malfunctioned. I wondered, how many of these cars could he possibly have delivered already. So I decided to go to my nearest drugstore to purchase a CR2025 lithium battery to see if this would remedy my problem. I decided to buy 2 of them. When I came home to insert the battery, I realized when I opened the unit it requires 2 CR2025 batteries. How lucky was I to buy 2. Everything is fine now. If you ever have to replace the batteries, buy them anywhere except from the dealer. I am quite sure they will charge alot more than the $2.99 I paid for each one.