CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

keyless Go, fog lights flashing after close...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
keyless Go, fog lights flashing after close...

Hi guys, quick question if I may.
I have a Keyless Go in my 04 CLK500, lately when I lock the car by pressing the button on the door, the fog lights flash and the car makes an intermittent beep. Can anyone tell me wrf? If I press close on the remote, it stops.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive the racism out of BadDebt. ;)
on my CLK, when i turn off my car, my fogs light up for 30 secs, then turn off.....

when i unlock, the fogs light up for 1 minute or until i open the drivers door....

i dont have an relevance to your post...lol...sorry
Old 07-02-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
thanks but that does not help
Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Anyone, anyone at all. any thought at least?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 CLK 500
Originally Posted by malahhaor
I have a Keyless Go in my 04 CLK500, lately when I lock the car by pressing the button on the door, the fog lights flash and the car makes an intermittent beep. Can anyone tell me wrf? If I press close on the remote, it stops.

I dont know, it does it on my car as well. i would go though your display on the dash controls and play with your light settings to see if that will make any difference.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by BennyzGirl
I dont know, it does it on my car as well. i would go though your display on the dash controls and play with your light settings to see if that will make any difference.

Well, it didn't do that before, it happens intermittently and I didn't touch any settings since I got it.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
i've got keyless go on mine, and have never experience these same symptoms. Perhaps there is a short circuit/fuse somewhere?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 350 Coupe
Originally Posted by malahhaor
I'm totally new to the car myself, but try this. See if there is a difference with the headlight switch straight up in the off position or one click CW in the Auto position. Also check the locking with auto position in both daylight and dark.

Not sure about this car but other cars do different things indicating a malfunction. Maybe the alarm is not sensing all contacts or something like that. Someone with a diagnostic tool should read it to see if there are any error codes. I don't think the dash display will annunciate all problems.

I had a Porsche that would fast blink the leds on the door locks if one of the alarm closure switches was not functioning. That was just the cars way of letting you know something was not right.

Normal for keyless go is three beeps and flash fog lights when locked with door button or key fob. Also, I think it flashes the fogs because if you have Xenon HID low beams it is better to flash the fogs then power up 25,000 volts just to flash arc lights.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Well, stuff hit the fan this Friday.
After taking the cover off my motorcycle and placing it in the trunk of the car, I press Lock and alarm goes off.
No matter what I do, pressing lock on the door handle or remote sets off the alarm. Unlock turns it off. Disabling towing did not work.
Long story short after about 30 minutes of d!cking around I pulled all fuses for the alarm and was able to lock the car for the night.
Next day while driving I noticed that SRS was disabled, all air controls are completely off, sunroof not functioning and gauge cluster telling me it’s not working yet everything is displaying fine.
Figure I’ll pop the main fuse back in to enable some of the things. So almost everything started working again. Then I had a thought, what if when I take it to dealer it will be fine and I end up with a diagnostic bill. So I pop all the fuses back in and everything is now working fine.
WTF?!
Here I was hoping that they would need to replace a computer or many other expensive parts and I would see if they could rack up some charges to pay for the deductable and fix other misc parts… and now everything is working. Agggghhh….
Old 07-18-2009, 04:22 PM

CLK 500
I have on 05 with the keyless go system. My car started doing all sorts of weird things like this. Mine even got to where it wouldn't let the passenger door close. Took it to the dealership and they said that on both doors- the infer-red sensors were bad. They replaced both sensors and I have not had any problems since.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
GLF

slk 280
The remote problems?

I am at my end with the damn remote operation.
I am going to start posting, and stop searching to see if I can get a pausable answer to the function of the door locks.

THE PROBLEM; remote works most of the time but not always.
MY CORRECTION METHODS;
1. Change remote batterys, The lights indicate okay
and reset to factory settings a number of times!
2. Play with every possible setting on the Command
3. Clean all sensors door and remote
4. Used both remotes and both act the same.
5. Play with dash cental lock in all modes
6. Study the owners manual and this thing should work as I have
pushed the right buttons.
7. Try to reset all by disconnecting the battery for 5 hours.
8. Check the locking system fuses and pulled and reset.

HELP is there a time sequence between lock and unlock. I know if you unlock and don't open door within 40 sec it will relock. I ask because when working on the problem it maybe okay for a couple of tests but then stops and reverts back to no operation.

I know the receivers are working but why not all the time?

Last edited by GLF; 03-08-2010 at 12:48 PM.