CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How do I reset the service indicator??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 350 Coupe
How do I reset the service indicator??

Hi all,

I have a 2006 W209 and, unfortunately a 2005 owners manual that is worthless with any 3.5 liter issues since 3.5 was new in '06.

My "A" service reminder is on. How do I reset it? I have nothing on the display to address it. There are two buttons in the center console for i and wrench. They light up with the idiot lights at start up then go out. Pressing them does not seem to do anything, either running or stopped or during starting. Help!!

Doug
Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
I was the first one to figured it out for my post-2006 Clk 500 Cabriolet. The 2003-2005 is very easy to do. Use the "search" feature, please !!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ice-light.html

Andy
Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 PM

2006 CLK 350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Klinh
I was the first one to figured it out for my post-2006 Clk 500 Cabriolet. The 2003-2005 is very easy to do. Use the "search" feature, please !!!!!!!

I did search and find your thread. I should have mentioned the car has keyless go.

It DID NOT work per your instructions. It did work with keyless go in the second position from the begining and not using the key in the ignition switch. HOWEVER, now only the round speedometer cluster remains lit after the car is shutdown, and I have exited and the keyless go is out of range. Everything else, including headlights and interior has timed out and shut down, car is locked. I hope my battery does not drain overnight if something else larger is also remaining powered up. I took the car for a short drive to start stop and cycle everything and it all works ok EXCEPT that cluster stays lit, 0 mph, after shutdown.

BTW the service indicator does not come on upon startup but will show service B in 13,000 miles when toggled through with the key in position 2.

What are the two buttons in the console for, wrench and "i"?

Help befor my battery goes dead!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by ETN550
I did search and find your thread. I should have mentioned the car has keyless go.

It DID NOT work per your instructions. It did work with keyless go in the second position from the begining and not using the key in the ignition switch. HOWEVER, now only the round speedometer cluster remains lit after the car is shutdown, and I have exited and the keyless go is out of range. Everything else, including headlights and interior has timed out and shut down, car is locked. I hope my battery does not drain overnight if something else larger is also remaining powered up. I took the car for a short drive to start stop and cycle everything and it all works ok EXCEPT that cluster stays lit, 0 mph, after shutdown.

BTW the service indicator does not come on upon startup but will show service B in 13,000 miles when toggled through with the key in position 2.

What are the two buttons in the console for, wrench and "i"?

Help befor my battery goes dead!!!!

Well, since your car is keyless it will be different how the ignition turn on/off to get it started but the basic procedure is still the same. Can't help you about the cluster being lit after everything else shut off because mine does not do that plus I don't use foglight/headlight delay turn off feature neither. As for the services B in 13,000 miles not show up at start up, mine never show up neither until the last 1000 miles reminder for service. I can alway toggled through to check. And as for the wrench and I icon. All these infos in in your user's manual !! Anyway, the "I" (info) ask for infos in general and "wrench" (mechanic) ask a mechanic questions. I think you have to pay for services to use these features.

Last edited by Klinh; 10-14-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:59 PM

2006 CLK 350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Klinh
Well, since your car is keyless it will be different how the ignition turn on/off to get it started but the basic procedure is still the same. Can't help you about the cluster being lit after everything else shut off because mine does not do that plus I don't use foglight/headlight delay turn off feature neither. As for the services B in 13,000 miles not show up at start up, mine never show up neither until the last 1000 miles reminder for service. I can alway toggled through to check. And as for the wrench and I icon. All these infos in in your user's manual !! Anyway, the "I" (info) ask for infos in general and "wrench" (mechanic) ask a mechanic questions. I think you have to pay for services to use these features.
Well, it seems ok for now. Eventually it powers off the display after a while. So I am not sure if it is supposed to stay on after shutdown or not. Maybe some general circuit is shutting it down to save the battery.

I'm going to leave it for now. I did not see my owners manual talk about the wrench and the i, but then again I have an '05 manual in an '06 and may not be the same. I'll look for a used manual on e-bay for '06.

thanks for help so far.

Doug