CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

warning lights after evosport pully installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
warning lights after evosport pully installed

I just had evo sport pulleys installed last Thursday, and since then I've had a red gas cap warning light and a blinking fuel light pop up 3 times. I did a search and the only related thread involved the voltage meter. I'm guessing the underdrive alternator pulley is causing this.

My question is does anyone have the evosport pulleys and experienced this? And /or if this keeps happening should I expect something bad in the future to happen?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
that sucks man.did you notice any power increase? how much does that kit sell for? hope you get it straightened out.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
This is my first time to hear something like this with evosport pully.

Andy
Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don't underdrive the alternator enough to cause power draw issues. The only time I've seen that was when the alternator itself was going bad and already weak. But in your case we have never seen a "Gas Cap" or anything related to a gas cap fault in the 10+ years we have sold these pullies. I don't even know how the two would even be related. If they were, we would have seen this issue surface many times by now, which is not the case.

Have you had someone scan the car with a Star Diagnostics and reset any and all fault codes? I would start there, or maybe even replace the gas cap.

I'm certain the two events are unrelated but please keep us posted.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
We don't underdrive the alternator enough to cause power draw issues. The only time I've seen that was when the alternator itself was going bad and already weak. But in your case we have never seen a "Gas Cap" or anything related to a gas cap fault in the 10+ years we have sold these pullies. I don't even know how the two would even be related. If they were, we would have seen this issue surface many times by now, which is not the case.

Have you had someone scan the car with a Star Diagnostics and reset any and all fault codes? I would start there, or maybe even replace the gas cap.

I'm certain the two events are unrelated but please keep us posted.
Simon thanks,
I’ll just take it in for a scan. I was just trying to get a feel for what might be going on and someone else had posted the same issue which was due to a bad voltage meter. The failing voltage meter was causing my exact problem, in addition to a bunch of other malfunctions. Just seem too coincidental, but that might be all it is. And that’s a good point – some component in my electrical system might have been on its way out anyways.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FastDonzi
that sucks man.did you notice any power increase? how much does that kit sell for? hope you get it straightened out.
I can't remember the price cause I paid labor included, but I think you can find it on the evosport website - something like high 2bills or 3 bills.

All in all definately the best bang for the buck - There's a more real perceptable difference than when I got an ecu upgrade. The car feels smoother and more responsive. I should have done this 6 years ago.